Community_discussions_small  

Comment

contact lenses

16 Sep 2009 Emily said

Default_avatar
this might sound like an odd question but im doin the grand explorer starting auckland on 6 dec and I wear contact lenses

what i was wondering is that I need a decent mirror/sink each night and morning to take them out and put them back in

do we have these facilities available each night?

also im flying direct from sydney, and i need to carry some of the saline solution on the plane with me, does anyone know the rules for carrying liquids onboard?

Thanx
  • 16 Sep 2009 ShezL said

Default_avatar

I wear contact lenses at times and have never really needed a good mirror/sink to clean them… but I would imagine there would be one at every night stop.

As for saline solution on planes…. that’s a damn good question… Do you have glasses to wear on the plane instead? I would be more likely to wear glasses and leave the saline under the plane. Or just take the lens’ case with some clean solution in on the plane?

• 17 Sep 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Traveling from Australia, saline solution is exempt from liquid limits you are allowed to carry. I’d bring a small contact solution bottle on the plane (3-4 fl ounces or ~100mL). Even better if it’s factory sealed. Airport security won’t hassle you.
    See restrictions: http://travelsecure.infrastruc…lags/exemptions.aspx

There is a mirror & sink at each location.

Bring your glasses – your eyes may get tired/irritated having contacts on all the time.

See rooms pics: http://connect.contiki.com/eve…28105522/m/845104624

Vic

• 30 Oct 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

i didnt wear mine at all, mainly on the fact that I had the flu for most of the trip, and they say not to wear contacts while you got sniffles even, increases your risk of getting infections…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion