Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best time of year to go?

26 Jan 2008 Revs1 asked

Default_avatar
I'm from the states so can somebody tell me when the best time of year is to do an Australia tour?
  • 26 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

It depends on where you are from in the states, if you are from the warmer climates then you are probably best to go in the summer, because the winter in Australia might be too cold for you, but if you are from a place that gets snow, then either winter or summer would be a good time, I’m from Canada so I went in the winter and I thought the weather was amazing.

Trina

• 26 Jan 2008 Revs1 said

Default_avatar

I want to go when I can hit the beaches etc. So would January be the best time for that?

• 26 Jan 2008 Dave said

Default_avatar

Hey Trina K, I am planning to book the Whitsundays Coast tour for September 2008. Do you believe this time of the year is good swimming weather for the areas I’ll be traveling?

quote:
    Originally posted by Trina K.:
    It depends on where you are from in the states, if you are from the warmer climates then you are probably best to go in the summer, because the winter in Australia might be too cold for you, but if you are from a place that gets snow, then either winter or summer would be a good time, I’m from Canada so I went in the winter and I thought the weather was amazing.

Trina

• 27 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hi Dave,

I went in Australian winter, and it was good swimming weather, so September would probably be better, especially in Whitsunday because when I went it was hot, so september will probably be beautiful.

Trina

• 27 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Dave I went in the winter and the swimming was amazing, we didn’t have to worry about the jellyfish, so september is probably a good month to go because it will be warmer than when I went, and when I went it was perfect for swimming.

Trina

• 27 Jan 2008 sehz_nt said

Default_avatar

well for the Top End (around Darwin) you dont really swim in the ocean ANY time of the year because of the crocs and jellyfish…and its crap anyway because we dont have any surf. ever. unless there is a cyclone but you wouldnt swim then either.

the best time of year here is the dry season, with the best weather being may through august (sunny skies every day, temps between 15 and 28C). this is the time of year when you can take a fairly short drive out of darwin to Litchfield or Berry Springs or Kakadu is a bit further and swim in some of the most beautiful waterfalls and rock holes that you will ever see.

outside of that its quite hot and sticky and the rains come mainly between october and april, when swimming at the waterfalls is near impossible not really because of crocs but more so because they flood and the waters become really rapid and they generally close them off because its not so safe.

so yeah, may through august for up here, though that means its winter down south.

• 30 Jan 2008 HD1712 said

HD1712

Anytime between May and September is perfect travelling time for swimming and sunny weather in the northern parts of australia.
    If you are staying on and wanting to travel to the southern parts of australia so Melb, Syd, Adel then anytime between September and April is the best time to travel there so yes the opposite to the northern parts.
    Most tours are in Qld and NT so May to Sept is best.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.