Community_discussions_small  

Question

Only use a visa once?

6 Mar 2009 Megsy asked

Megsy
Hi just wondering if anyone can let me know for sure if its true that you can only get a visa in a country once in a lifetime? has anyone experienced this before how does this affect you if you choose to re-visit a country again??
im looking to moving to england on a working visa, one day im sure i would love to return. also does anyone know how to extend your visa once your there?
  • 10 Mar 2009 Corkers said

Default_avatar

I don’t know how it works in other countries, but I went to school in the U.S. where I live, and there were at least five students I can think of offhand who were from other countries.

All of them came to school for an entire school year, each year, and each year they had to reapply for a student visa, I believe. There were no problems with any of them coming multiple times for official purposes.

I don’t know if that’s any help, but there is probably more information for you at official sources, like a passport administration.

• 10 Mar 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I haven’t heard of that for a tourist Visa, though every country has its own rules. Though it may be true for a working Visa. For the UK you might need your company to sponsor you to extend the Visa, or I think you can get one from Ireland after doing the UK.

• 11 Mar 2009 Ness said

Default_avatar

It depends on where you are going and where you are from. i know for Aussies, we can get UK or Ireland working holiday visas (for 2 years) if you are between 18 and 30, and these are one off only, and i dont believe you can extend it whilst there. We can also get Canadian working holiday visas in the same age bracket but apparently you can keep getting them until the age cutoff, you just have to go home in between and reapply.

I think tourist visas can be repeated as often as you want to visit, but these are not for working, just holidaying..

hope this helps

• 12 Mar 2009 Megsy said

Megsy

thanks ness

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.