Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Couple of questions about UE + Egypt

24 Jan 2009 Hannah said

Default_avatar
Hope someone can help me out with a couple of queries. I am doing the UE + Egypt in August and am just wondering wat options I have for paying for my optionals esp in Egypt. It is poss to use US$ travellers chqs to avoid bring a large amount of US$ from home. Also on the topic of money does anyone know if there are any countries (other that Egypt) where I won't be able to use Euros.Also, I have just realised that we will be in Egypt during Ramadan (a major religious festival)and am not quite sure what to expect.One final thing, how strict are they about luggage once you have started your trip. I am taking a duffel bag for the trip to Egypt and am thinking of splitting my luggage between the 2 bags once the tour joins back together again. Any other UE advice would be much appreciated.
Hannah
  • 25 Jan 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

When I did Egypt in 2007 you could pay for optionals with cc, US Travelers cheques or US dollar. I have not heard anything about that changing in the recent past.

Ramadan – you wont be able to eat or drink in public during daylight hours. In private no one will know.

non-euro countries: Switzerland, Turkey, Hungry, Serbia, Bulgaria, England.

Once on tour they are not too concerned about luggage. Your extra bag will be handy for souvenirs and other things you’ll no longer be needing. However, this is ultimately the decision of the driver and TM, so their is a small chance they’ll say no.

• 30 Jan 2009 Canmore77 said

Default_avatar

I recently did Egypt this past September & was there over Ramadan… we were able to eat whenever – only the tour guide and driver didn’t. Its an amazing experience to see the culture and how everyone takes part in this festival. I paid for my optionals in US Cash, that wasn’t a problem at all. Hope that helps a little Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Jan 2009 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hey guys
    Thanks for that great advice. In reagrds to the countries that don’t take Euros, would i need to take local currency with me or would it be fairly easy to get some once I’m in Europe. My only resason for concern is that I’m travelling from New Zealand and don’t particularly want to carry large amounts of foreign cash with. Also does anyone know when the updated prcing will come out for the optionals.
    Cheers

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.