Community_discussions_small  

Comment

10th August European Contrasts

16 Jan 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar
OK I booked the trip yesterday, bought a travel pack today, will pack it tomorrow.... come on August!!!! ;o)

My mate is coming, we're both from Melbourne (Australia).... who else is coming?
  • 24 Mar 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess… good to hear you’re booked and good to see you found the thread Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hmmm falling over with a pacl on, now there’s a funny thought! Well I’m 6ft so I think I’ll be OK but I will be paranoid about it now.. haha.

Now as for not being organised, that’s why I chose a contiki tour… leave the organising up to them and have a bus load of people to make me get out of bed before lunch!

139 days to go!

• 3 Apr 2008 Mandikins said

Default_avatar

yeh, it is a strong sounding name but also fun too lol. :-)
    You should totally do the working in uk/europe after. im excited as! might never get the cahnce again. lol- my job is kinda lamo at the moment so am happy to do whatever can pay the bills. got any set plans for work jess? what do you do with yourself at the moment?
    Lol- the image of a pack stack is kinda funny. im a lil un-coordinated so it’ll prob be me doing that lol. Not sure what to do with my laptop though :-s Any suggestions? i wana bring it for work, but not sure about draggin it around europe beforehand lol.
    Only THREE months left… Not long guys :-)

• 7 Apr 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Mandy

I’m not sure about dragging around the laptop, would be a bit of a pain and take up good luggage space.

Maybe you could find somewhere to leave the laptop in london while on contiki, a security box or something. If I find a permanent job I’ll be based somewhere for a while so my plan would be to take another case, with my laptop inside, and find somewhere secure to leave it while on tour.

and 3 months you say?… I take it as 4 months or am I in the wrong thread ;o)

• 10 Apr 2008 Mandikins said

Default_avatar

tehe. can you tell i’m blonde?!? lol.
    Yeh there is four months, not three, but i was thinking of my ‘pre trip’ to london and had a blonde moment lol.
    YAY! only FOUR months left :-)

Makes me realise how much i need to start saving FAST though lol. ahhhh

Yeh laptop problem solved. asked a mate to look after it for august! tehe.
    how goes the job hunting saxon?
    you planning on staying longer jess?

Do you guys have facebook happening?

Thank goodness for the weekend!

• 13 Apr 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

I’m a bit slack on the job hunting front…. I haven’t been looking too hard because it’s still too far away, well that’s my excuse ;o)

I’ll send you a private message with facebook details

• 17 Apr 2008 Jessica said

Default_avatar

I haven’t exactly started looking for a job yet either…or finished organising my visa…I’m not too good at planning ahead.

I’m a student, but I’ve taken the year off to save money and then travel. At the moment I’m working at a clothes store, and before that I worked at a cafe, so I guess I’ll be looking for a similar kind of job…

Yes, I just got facebook!! I’ll send you both a private message with my facebook details as well. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Apr 2008 Nicole said

Default_avatar

hey guys
    my names nicole im from melbourne and yesterday i booked my spot on this tour…YAY!!!
    im so so pumped…i even told my boss im quitting and wont be coming back (not that im terribly upset bout that)
    anyway thought id say hello, great to see a few other people on here and i guess ill be seeing you all shortly
    nic

• 27 Apr 2008 Mandikins said

Default_avatar

nice to meet ya nicole!! Yay, another melbornian!!!! :-)
    u travelling on your own or with others???
    Not long left, and dont worry bout the job. we gotta get out there now, especially with a european summer awaiting us :-)
    mandy

• 27 Apr 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Nic

Glad your coming along, only 100 or so days to go!!!

Saxon

• 27 Apr 2008 Nicole said

Default_avatar

yeh seems like there a few melbs ppl on board already…nice!!

ill be travelling solo, will be there a bit over a month before contiki then probs a bit over 2 months after contiki…though im quite unorganised and dont really have any plans set in stone but hey thats the way I like it!!

100 days thats nothing will fly by…cant wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Apr 2008 Explorer1098358 said

Default_avatar

hey guys,
    my name is nicole too! but everyone calls me lulu. me and my friend kim g(both 18)are booked on this trip too. so we’ll see you in a couple ov months tym.

• 30 Apr 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Lulu and Kim, good to hear your coming…. welcome!! haha

Dan

• 1 May 2008 dms said

Default_avatar

hey all,

my name is damian, and i’m travelling with dan. starting to get a bit excited about the trip now and it’s probably time i start making some plans.

are any of you headed to oktoberfest after your ‘tiki trip? It starts about 2 weeks after the tour ends. I’m trying to arrange some plans, dan’s headed home after the tour so it would be nice to have some company for this part of my adventure.

• 2 May 2008 coldfloral said

Default_avatar

I booked my trip on Monday! Hurrah!
    I’m Jodi from BC in Canada and I’m so stoked for this trip! Come on August!

• 4 May 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hi Jodi,

Your the first confirmed non Australian congratulations!! haha hope you can put up with us

Dan

• 10 May 2008 Explorer1099456 said

Default_avatar

hello all,
    my name is katie, im 18 and not from melbourne! im a sydney girl and will be travelling by myself. euro contrasts will be the last leg of my 3 month trip! so excited!

• 12 May 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Katie,

welcome Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> 3months trip hey, nice, so you’re leaving in a month roughly? What are your plans for the first two months?

• 16 May 2008 Leisey Loo said

Leisey Loo

Hey guys my names Elise and i’m going on this exciting trip with the boyfriend, goes by the name of scott. We’re from Hervey Bay QLD, can’t wait for august to come, the tour starts just after my 20th so i’m looking forward to a great month of wicked fun times. seeing as theres so many melbournians going, just thought id chuck in that i lived there for 16 yrs hehe. Well hopefully chat soon!!

• 20 May 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Elise and Scott, good to hear your coming along. I’ve only been a Melbournian for less just under a year so you’ve got more time down here than me Elise!

Not long now guys and girls!

• 3 Jun 2008 Explorer1099456 said

Default_avatar

ahh yes not long at all to go now. its a crazy rush to save and organise last minute things. the first two months of my trip will be staying at the picadilly hostel for 2 weeks, then the southern ireland tour, then off to germany for love parade for a week, then the scandinavian tour then london! very hectic and expensive but im ready! yay we’re all gonna have so much fun
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

quote:
    Originally posted by Saxon:
    Hey Katie,

welcome Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> 3months trip hey, nice, so you’re leaving in a month roughly? What are your plans for the first two months?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion