Community_discussions_small  

Comment

10th August European Contrasts

16 Jan 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar
OK I booked the trip yesterday, bought a travel pack today, will pack it tomorrow.... come on August!!!! ;o)

My mate is coming, we're both from Melbourne (Australia).... who else is coming?
  • 4 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Hi all!
    My names Laura I’m from New Zealand and I’m all booked for August 10th!!! Can’t wait.
    I’m travelling alone also so I’m gald to hear there are others in the same boat as me.
    I am also going to be doing a few months of travelling around Europe after the Contiki but I’m pretty much gonna wing it. I’ll be moving to London and hopefully if my money holds out will start working in Jan 09.
    I’m also pretty keen to do Octoberfest I’ve got a bunch of friends in London who will be heading there too.

• 7 Jun 2008 coldfloral said

Default_avatar

Hi Laura,

I’m on this tour, and will be all on my lonesome, too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Oh cool it’s good there seem to a few people solo on this tour.
    Only two months to go now!!
    Is anyone staying in the Hotel near where the contiki leaves from the night before? If anyone is I’ll be there and keen to meet up a drink the night before.

• 8 Jun 2008 coldfloral said

Default_avatar

Do you mean the Royal National Hotel, Laura?

That’s where the Contiki Basement is, and that’s where I’m staying!

• 8 Jun 2008 Mandikins said

Default_avatar

heya guys, nice to meet you all.

my names mandy and im going solo TOO! so there’ll b heaps of us around. Now i dont feel too nervous about going on my own.

not long now guys… :-)
    im staying at the royal national the night before too, so id love to join ya all in a pre drink!

bring on august the 10th!

catch ya, mandy

• 9 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Hay Mandy,

Awesome that is where I am going to stay too so that sounds good.
    Yea I’m not really nervous avout going by myself either.
    So what are your plans for after contiki?
    Are you a Kiwi girl too?

• 9 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Oh hay Jodi I just saw your post there too.
    Hay that will be cool if we all meet each other the night before!!
    Are you guys on facebook?

• 12 Jun 2008 coldfloral said

Default_avatar

I’d love to get together the night before!

Also, for anyone arriving in London on the 9th, the Russel Square tube station (the one right close to the Royal National) is going to be CLOSED!

• 12 Jun 2008 Explorer1092399 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys. I’m Lindsey and I’m coming with you on this trip. I’m from the U.S.-New Jersey. I’m 21 and just graduated college, so this is my vacation before I start working!!

• 13 Jun 2008 Mandikins said

Default_avatar

heya guys, nice to meet you all!

count down is drawing nearer :-)
    nah im not a kiwi, m from melbourne. was writing on this thread stacks earlier but kinda got distracted lol.
    m on facbook too along with jess and saxon.
    so we are all addable if you guys are interested!
    good on ya lindsey btw. sounds like the perfect break from study and work :-)
    we’ll have a blast
    mandy

• 13 Jun 2008 Nicole said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,
    im staying at the royal national too and im liking the sound of a few drinks the night before the tour
    also thanks for the heads up on the tube station being closed…could have been a bit interesting if i got lost Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    wow cant believe how soon it is…pumped!!
    nic

• 15 Jun 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, welcome to the new people!!!

Been a while since i’ve written. Damian and I are staying at the Royal for the three nights before we leave, so we’ll be more than ready for some pre tour drinks ;o)

Saxon

• 15 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Cool I am staying there for the two nights before the tour too.
    OK so how do I find you guys on facebook? What are your surnames?

• 15 Jun 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Laura, I’ll send you a private message with details on Facebook Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jun 2008 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! Wow, it’s been ages since I’ve been on this forum and it’s great to see heaps more people on it too! Also, I’m glad to see other people are travelling soloRazzer<!--graemlin::p--> I’m staying at the Royal National Hotel or whatever it’s called the night before too, so it would be great to meet up for drinks! Jess

• 17 Jun 2008 Explorer1092399 said

Default_avatar

I’m glad there are others going solo too…I was very nervous to be travelling alone. This is actually my first time out of the country, but I think we’ll have a blast! I’m going to be staying at the hotel on the 9th too. I’m definately up for drinks and meeting everyone! I’m on facebook so add me too.

• 18 Jun 2008 Leisey Loo said

Leisey Loo

Hey guys, so xcited so close now, we’re staying at Royal National 8th and 9th too we’d love to catch up for some pre drinks. Just trying to save like crazy atm i don’t really know what to expect never really been overseas (part from NZ) so i’m nervous, just hope everything goes to plan and works out for the best! Our flight arrives early early friday morning, i think we just gotta chill out at RN until 2 to get into the rooms not too sure hope they have space to store us for a while lol.

• 18 Jun 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey Leisey, Damian and I will be at RN from the 7th so we’ll have some space for you guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jun 2008 Saxon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Anyone want to do Moulin Rouge on the second night instead of the contiki option cabaret? It’s 99euro for the show only, which is going to be a bit more expensive than the other. Damian and I are thinking of going but leaving the tour group on the second night isn’t real sociable so we’re trying to round up a few more people before we decide…… Anyone interested??

Saxon

• 24 Jun 2008 Laura Giles said

Default_avatar

Oh that’s a hard choice! I have heard Moulin Rouge is amazing though.
    You could possibly twist my arm!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion