Community_discussions_small  

Comment

single traveller

2 Jan 2008 needastamp said

Default_avatar
I haven't traveled alone to this scale before. Looking at the Simply Italy Tour for March. Do alot of people go alone on these tours or is it couples and friends that go together?
  • 3 Jan 2008 Marina said

Default_avatar

Hi
    im going on my own on European impressions in july, i think it will be a better experience as you will force yourself to go out there and meet people… Marina

• 3 Jan 2008 DrunkCaller204 said

DrunkCaller204

There were about a third of the people were single travelers…I met one of my best friends there and he was single traveler…
    He’s from aussie and im from the US… he came to visit me and im going out there in 2 summers… so i would not worry about it too much…
    but you have to be outgoing otherwise i could see it being lonely

• 3 Jan 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

on all my tours the vast majority of people traveled on their own.

• 3 Jan 2008 Enigma said

Default_avatar

Solo is the way to go !!! You will force yourself to get to know everyone and it can be a truly rewarding experience. Stress less and enjoy the truly remarkable country that is Italy….Happy Travels !!

• 3 Jan 2008 Bliss Madonna said

Bliss Madonna

i just did a 24 day tour with 51 people and i’d say approx 50% of the tour were people travelling on their own. i travelled with my two cousins but the most time we spent together was in out hotel room. we all just mixed with everyone and you end making awesum friends. i would not be scared to do a contiki on my own. i say go for it!!

• 5 Jan 2008 Della Mae said

Della Mae

My tour was the same as MissBliss. We had 51 people and it was pretty much right down the middle of people who came with someone and someone who didn’t. I would have to say travelling alone is the way to go with something like this. So many of the people who came with friends or something like that were fighting by the end of the trip. And that is not fun. And Enigma is right. You force yourself to get to know people cause you are alone.

• 5 Jan 2008 cherry_elle said

Default_avatar

I’m seriously tempted to go alone, because I wouldn’t have to trust that my friend would have the money or whatever. Going alone would be fun, but scary. As much as my I love my family they think that Europe is a death trap continent. Keep in mind none of them have ever been there. rolls eyes I’m gonna see if I can find a friend to go with, but if that doesn’t turn out to be likely I’ll make plans to go alone.

• 5 Jan 2008 Nancy said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    cherry_elle

I’m in the same situation as you cherry_elle, I was suppose to go with my friend on one of the Europe trips but just found out she can’t go, so I’m going to do it alone. I never do anything alone but one of my goals for this year was to try something different, so I am determined to go by myself if I have to. LOL I was told by another friend that going alone is the best way to travel with contiki because you can venture out and meet new people and only worry about yourself. I’m in between going on the European Discovery or European Horizons this summer.

• 6 Jan 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Its nice to go alone. Thats what I did. You don’t have to worry about what your friend is going to do or if they don’t get up early enough ect. It gives you more freedom. But once you start meeting people on tour you will never be alone. Well maybe in the bathroom. LOL
    What I did was to make it a point not to sit with the same group for meals and sit with different people on the bus.

• 6 Jan 2008 Aussiechris83 said

Default_avatar

hey im doing the europe impressions tour on my own in july, first time overseas. im a little nervous but at the same time excited this is really out of character for me to do something alone but im ready to meet new people. i dont think it really matters if there aren’t that many solo travellers im sure anyone who is doing one of these trips is friendly, outgoing and willing to make new friends!!

• 11 Jan 2008 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I travelled alone on a 25 day europe tour in 06 and I loved it. I had 50 people on my tour and I made friends with the girls that were also travelling alone. You make yourself talk to everybody and you can decide what to do on your own and not worry about anyone travelling with you. have a ball on your tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion