Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Roughly how many AUD would I need to save for the Greek island hopping tour

20 Sep 2009 holly.caroline said

Default_avatar
Hi guys,
My friend and I are thinking of going on the Greek island hopping tour next year june/july but are trying to figure out if we can afford it.
NOT including the tour cost and flights...how much actual spending money do you think we would need to basically enjoy ourselves and be comfortable but not be too over the top in spending?
So basically money for meals not included in the tour and extra activities..
Any help would be great
Thank you!!
  • 20 Sep 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

Expect to spend about 100euros a day.

• 21 Sep 2009 holly.caroline said

Default_avatar

thanks, have you been? shopping included? or is that just food and necessities?

• 22 Sep 2009 Amy_1688 said

Amy_1688

hey i would recommend looking at some of the travelogues they often have their budgets outlined ..i think daves ultimate european traveloge is a good one for that.. they will let you know how much money to allow for food etc…there are also threads you can find in the travel talk and europe advice forums on budgets

i havent been on a contiki yet so dont have any personal experience but am planning one and have been reading up on costs etc.. ive found that i think the 100 euros is mainly for spending money and to cover entrance costs and that people budget separately for optionals and food.

my perception of costs (keep in mind ive never been to europe) is that 10-20 euros would cover lunch while 20-40 euros would prob cover your dinner depending on where you eat.. others can probably clarify that better but thats what im approximately budgeting for my trip and any extra i have left over on one day can be used for spending another day Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

amy

• 22 Sep 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

Yes I have been to Greece. Just got back not to long ago. You are going on an awsome tour. Very jealous. Anyways 100euro per day should cover food, drinks, and most shopping. There is alot of drinking on the greek island hopping tour,great food in Greece and lots to buy on the islands but 100euro should be okay.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.