Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Bus food

31 Jul 2010 Explorer1182119 said

Default_avatar
What do you guys recommend to bring on the bus as snacks? Pref. something healthy-ish.

Tnx!
  • 31 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

You stop every 3 hours. I was never really hungry on the bus since you get your breakfast for free then hop on the bus and leave the hotel then stop in 3 hours to get a bite to eat.

• 1 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

i would buy stuff along the way, if you’re bringing a snack before hand maybe just some nutrigrain or granola bars, a good supplement to breakfast

• 1 Aug 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

In addition to the above, my opinion is anything and everything. The stops that are made are quality, all the supermarkets/petrol stations/other stops (I find this applies to all of Europe) you make have heaps of variety of food, from healthy to fast-food.

• 2 Aug 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

Do you mean food wise lol?

From memory there is nothing you can’t bring on, as long as you dispose of it properly.

• 2 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I think hot food was frowned upon since it tends to smell, so if it smells a lot they wont let you bring it on.

• 2 Aug 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

On my tour they said no hot food or no dairy on the bus, because they both tend to smell..

most people bought pringles or lollies from the petrol stations and at the other stops we made.
    Also alot of people took pieces of fruit or pastries from breakfast and also ate them on the bus.

• 2 Aug 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I think the dairy was more if you spilled it on the seat and it spoiled causing a bad smell.

• 2 Aug 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

Oh. My memory served me wrong. Sorry about the incorrect information.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.