Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Just did the Hawaiian Stopover 4 nights 5 days Full Review!!

6 Dec 2010 Andrew said

Andrew
Just returned from the 4 night 5 day Hawaiian Stopover. If you would like to hear my review just reply yes. Thanks. To prove I went on the review I went from December 1 to 5th 2010. I just returned this morning on westjet flight 1895 from honolulu to vancouver Canada. The hotel you stay at is the Park Shore Waikiki. More soon..
  • 21 Dec 2010 Natalie said

Natalie

yes i would love to hear your review im heading over their on the 6th of august 2011 till the 10th and flying hawaiin airlines how where they did u fly with them and how where the optionals and the hotel.

natalie

• 25 Dec 2010 Andrew said

Andrew

Well im 29/m from Canada.
    I flew Westjet ( a 737-800ER ) from Vancouver, Canada to Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. I arrived 2 days early on November 29th 2010.

anyways going to fast forward to my 4 day tour from December 1 to 5 2010.

This tour does not have a Contiki Tour Manager!!!!!!

The Hotel is the Park Shore Waikiki.

The Park Shore Waikiki is situated across from Waikiki beach. You probly have the information packet that contiki mails to you before the tour starts. It has the information you need

The hotel room is nothing special bed bathroom and television set with about 14 channels. I did not mind the “budget room” because Hawaii is about going outside not sitting in your hotel room all day.

You get 4 vouchers for the starbucks located outside the hotel to the right. Its for a coffee and a small food item. Don’t worry if you don’t use them it’s nothing special.

The included Pearl harbour tour starts the second day of your trip and make sure to keep an eye out for a small bus that may take you to the larger bus you need to get to pearl harbor.

I wanted the tour to do more than the Arizona memorial as i wanted to check out the aviation museum and Missouri ship in pearl harbor. The included trip only includes going to the Arizona memorial. The bus almost left without me when I wanted to take more tours there.

There is so much more to do in Hawaii than a short pearl harbor tour the only tour included in the package. If somehow you miss this tour don’t worry you can schedule a way better tour yourself for about $30 at the travel agency located in the hotel.

Defiantly go to the Contiki customer service center to purchase more tours. It is not in the hotel and is a ten minute walk away. Its in the Waikiki Trade Center at 2255 Kuhio Avenue. Ste 1002, Honolulu, HI 96815.
    Its open 8 to 5 Monday to Friday. Call them at (808) 971-0504. The Contiki Customer Service Center is run by Destination America fyi!

I would Recommend going to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was by far the best tour I went on. I also went to wet and wild a water slide park.

There are lots of places to purchase tours. I also purchased tours from expedia and small private companies. The Submarine tour looked awesome I wish i went on it. (Atlantis Subs one)

Go for a surf lesson i regret not doing it. The Circle Island Tour looks like fun too. never went lol.

Did go to the zoo, it was cheap to get in.

I also wanted to visit the other island to look around.

The International Marketplace is alright if you like shopping and you can walk there easy from your hotel.

There is also the Moana shopping center which has tons of expensive shops that i can’t pronounce.

Lots to do and see in this part of Hawaii 4 days not enough time to do everything. I recommend going on as many tours as possible and blowing all your money doing it.

Oh yeah take the airport shuttle to and from your hotel its the cheapest way to get there.

I also went to the gun range, if you like that sorta thing check it out. You will see people wearing the logo when you walk down the main street in Waikiki.

As for places to eat I ate mostly at Mc donalds because im on a budget lol. There’s definatly lots of places to eat and most are good.

Defiantly do a lot of pre planning before going to hawaii and plan what your going to do.

I did not run into any other travelers that were traveling from contiki on my trip and I was going solo. I found the locals friendly and helpful.

Anyways hope this helps and hope I did not forget anything.

• 26 Dec 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I was in Hawaii last year. I liked going to the Missouri Battleship at Pearl Harbor. However, it is not for everyone, my friend seemed bored by it, didn’t even bother going into the ship. So if big giant war ships don’t impress you, or you don’t want to climb up and down a steap ladder to see the inside, then you can skip that.

Also, in downtown Honolulu there is a palace, the only one on US soil. It’s supposed to be pretty cool there, but you can’t bring anything inside with you. They have lockers there, but the bag I had that day was too large to fit so I couldn’t go.

• 27 Dec 2010 Andrew said

Andrew

ah yes the Iolani Palace I just googled it to be honest did not know the name myself lol. Yeah took some pics of that in xmas decoratoins, looked cool. Too bad about the lockers, I heard you have to wear special footwear and a mask before they let you in.

Any word on a 2 week hawaii contiki tour with a tour manager in the works at all? I would imagine the people that plan these things are too busy preparing trips in Asia at the moment.

Hope you had a good xmas and have a great new years

• 13 May 2013 Kathy said

Kathy

Were you able to get a twin-share room
    Or only single if you are a solo traveller?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion