Community_discussions_small  

Question

April 11 2008 - Anyone else? Anything I should know?

3 Dec 2007 Robert asked

Default_avatar
Hey all,
I looking at booking a tour for April 11 for Egypt! Anyone else out here looking at the same tour?

For those who have been, anything I should know, any helpful suggestions?

Cheers,
Robert
  • 4 Dec 2007 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey,
    I’m going on the Egypt and the Nile tour April 12-19 2008, is this the one you mean?

Mel

• 2 Jan 2008 Robert said

Default_avatar

YES, that’s the tour!!! I finally made my booking!

-Robert

• 4 Jan 2008 phoenix-rose said

Default_avatar

Hi—

I made this trip last year and loved it. I highly recommend a great camera (or video camera) for all the pictures you’ll be taking.

Also, since most of the people on our tour wound up with severe stomach problems (bad water, food cooked in bad water, etc.) I highly recommend you bring some immodium AD, Pepto bismol or other anti-vomit/ anti-“runs” type medications. Oh – and don’t forget when buying water – to check the caps. Many times, they’ll recycle the bottles with normal drinking water. If the water’s NOT sealed with the ring on it, don’t buy it.

Good Luck and have fun!
    ~Rose

• 5 Jan 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

Don’t eat from street vendors to avoid sickness.

• 5 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Ok cool i guess i’ll see you there!

• 8 Jan 2008 Robert said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advice!

I’m also planning on staying a few extra days past the tour, heading up to Alexandria to see a few things and dive some of the ruins. I can hardly wait!

• 9 Jan 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I will be going on the same tour! Unfortunately I am not going to there earlier or staying behind afterward…I am going straight into my European Experience tour on the 19th. Cant wait till April!

• 9 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hi Jonathon,
    I too leave Egypt straight after the tour for London and begin European Experience. Does your euro exp tour begin on april 21 as mine does?
    Mel

• 24 Jan 2008 Jane22 said

Default_avatar

Me and a friend have already booked our Egypt trip for April 11th. We can’t wait!

• 25 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

That’s great, more people! Where are you coming from Jane22?

• 26 Jan 2008 LadyBug said

Default_avatar

I just got back from Egypt and as far as entocid goes, nobody needed it. We all got gastro kits from the travel doctor and while I’m pretty sure all of us had some form of bathroom issues, nobody got seriously sick enough to need to buy local meds. Don’t stress about it too much because gastro stop or whatever your travel doc gives you should cover you. The only thing I would be careful of is the salads or anything uncooked on the cruise, for some reason that made all of us sick.

And don’t forget to sanitise your hands before you eat, their money is just disgusting and you WILL get sick if you don’t sanitise before eating.

Do take lots of memory for your camera by the way. I think all of us took over 1000 pics, there’s a lot you’ll want to take photos of. Oh and the Italian restaurant upstairs at the Oasis is surprisingly good, ditch eating by the pool one night for some Italian.

Have a great time!

• 28 Jan 2008 Jane22 said

Default_avatar

My friend I are coming from the US and after Egypt we’re heading to Greece for a few days. What about you?

• 28 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

That sounds good. I’m 22/f/australia. I’m doing two more contiki tours after this one. Can’t wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Jan 2008 Robert said

Default_avatar

Just to throw in with the rest, I’m 25/m/Canada (Toronto).

Looking forward to meeting everyone in about 2 and a half months!

• 2 Feb 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

wow this sounds good so far…Mel and I were worried that there is not going to be enough ppl…but so far it seems ok! crossing my fingers

• 3 Feb 2008 Angie said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I’m arriving to Egypt one day earlier (Apr 11th) than the tours start.

Does anybdoy else arrive on the same day (or earlier)?

(female from Los Angeles, CA going solo)

• 3 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Nah I’ll be arriving the day the tour starts. Its great so many ppl are coming now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Feb 2008 Explorer1085610 said

Default_avatar

I was booked to go on this tour but last week I was informed by the travel agent that it had been cancelled due to low numbers

• 5 Feb 2008 Jane22 said

Default_avatar

Explorer? What trip has been cancelled? The one leaving April 12th??

• 5 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY! I hope not!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion