Community_discussions_small  

Comment

June 23rd to 17th July - 2008

5 Feb 2008 Ken - Euro Escapade said

Default_avatar
Hi there, Anyway going to be on this tour? Me and a friend are going on these dates. 23 year old Male's from Sydney!
  • 7 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

mark i can’t believe someone who lives 45mins away from me is going to be on the same contiki what are the odds haha

• 7 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

im not sure about the paragliding, but im defintely doing the white water rafting. and ill probably skip most of the dinner

what optionals are you all thinking of doing?

• 7 May 2008 Kirstie said

Kirstie

omg i was clicking on the stupid ‘2’ to get the rest of the convo and didnt realise i was on page number 2 duhhhh!…and you are coming paragliding danni ill drag u on by ur uhhmmm adidas jumper lol
    x

• 7 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

ur a loser! lol ummmm….not sure if i am, and you cant drag me by adidas jumper coz im not taking any of my adidas clothing Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> hahahahaha…..although i do intend on buying more while over there.

and mark and carla its kinda cool u live relatively close and r going to be on the otherside of the world together. do u guys plan on meeting up before you go now??

also does anyone else notice the times of our posts arent right, its like 11.20pm here not 6am.

• 8 May 2008 Explorer1097501 said

Default_avatar

hey
    yeah carla do u have facebook,myspace or email or something it would b good 2 catch up b4 we go!5weeks woopwoop..
    danni u got to go paragliding it gonna b awesome, do u girls have ne other plans in ya free time and that, i been looking but it doesnt seem much besides drinking at pubs.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    when does u all get 2 london??

• 8 May 2008 Explorer1097501 said

Default_avatar

everytime i log in my name goes bac to explorer####, i cant keep my name there..

• 8 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

hey mark- yep i have facebook im up in bunbury all the time so a catch up is a pos for sure Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

during the day there is probably more stuff to visit, like we only “see” the colosseum" where i actually want to go inside, things like that. i will prob do a bit of shopping aawell but not heaps as my suitcase is only small. but yeah at night im thinking drinking is on the menu, lol

i get into London on the 20th, what about you??

• 8 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

in london from the 19th, my cousins are brazilian but they’re living there atm so i’ll be staying with them, the weekend before contiki should be fun!Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->staying after til the 27th of july, you? im a bit of a shopaholic so im getting the max size suitcase haha x

• 9 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

sounds like fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i actually started out with the max size and then got one size smaller, the biggest was half my size.

after contiki mcmuff and i, r going to the greek islands for a week and then i go to rome and meet up with my mum, uncle, sister and brother in law (at which point mcmuff comes back to aust.) and then i got with my family down to sicily.

bcoz after contiki i have a few internal flights i know they r going to slog me for excess baggage, so i will prob chuck out some of the cloths i take with me, or post some stuff back, also i dont fancy carry much more than 20kg, i am not the biggest person, itll kill me, lol.

i dont mind shopping, but hating it at the moment coz i dont have money to spend (im saving for the trip) but if i find heaps of nice stuff that i wouldnt normally get in Aust, or adidas and italia stuff i will definitely get it.

do u drink a lot? – out of mcmuff and i, she is the bigger drinker, lol

• 9 May 2008 Kirstie said

Kirstie

lol oi… just cuz u cant hold ur liquor woman!… im in london from the 19th too! you wanna meet up for a couple of drinks that nyt carla? and considering danni is being a chicken n wont go paragliding with me your kinda stuck with me for it :-) lol
    i hope you dont buy too much stuff danni cause i can sooo see you by the end of contiki just standing at london airport waiting for the athens flight and the suitcase is like exploding out the sides and im running around saying ‘WHERES DANNI WHERES DANNI’ and i cant see you because your standing behind the overflowing suitcase.! lol but then again ill have bernie with me so itll be ok…ive gotta start looking at what im goin to pack considering its like 39days :S meep!

• 9 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

meeting on the 19th sounds good! i’ll just check if my cousins have anything planned already- welcome dinner ect Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> is it kirsten or kirsty? it’d be good to get the info packs early so i can start planning i’ve got to narrow down over 60dresses to 10 at most its going to be hard haha. not the biggest drinker in general im the same without it really just more excited about everything when i am drinking! never had a hangover so hoping it’ll stay that way while on contiki~! i’ve been addicted to reading all these contiki blogs for tips and stuff, so useful like putting long comedies onto the ipod and all the info on markets http://www.thehill.co.uk/market.htm
    http://www.oxfordstreet.co.uk/whats-on/westendlive
    http://www.camdenlock.net/
    http://www.coventgarden.uk.com/
    xx

• 10 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

ive figured out im not taking enough warmer clothing, so im starting to re look at my packing list.i know aye, im on here like everyday reading stuff, its heaps usefull

kirstie ur so mean ur so going just laugh at me struggling and not help me u b****!! lol.
    i MAY come paragliding, ill think about it a lil more.

also can u please met up once i get there, not on the 19 (the only night im not there) wat about the 20,21 – i think we have the pre-tour meeting on the 22nd. u just want a friend for the first night, hahaha, u loner.

• 10 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

what packing list? Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> wow your organised im still shopping for suitcases! i’ve never been on the computer so much in my life looking into all this stuff, money belts- are you taking them? x

• 10 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

lol, yeah i am extremely organised, my list is extensive and lists everything i am taking.

yeah i am, i will still have my day bag (an across the body shoulder bag) but for my passport, extra money, emergency bankcard i will definitely have it.

also i dont want u think im weird or somthing but ive also done a trial pack to make sure everything fits in my smaller suitcase Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

carla r u at all concerned bcoz going on ur own and it is share acc.?? or did u pay the supplement and have a single room??

• 10 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

no i don’t think your weird- i’ll do that as soon as i can Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> nope not worried, i chose to go on my own, my friend and i talked about doing it together but decided we’d go seperatly so we could get the full experience our own individual ways- we’re REALLY differen’t haha shes on her tour atm and is LOVING it – i’m so jealous every time i get an email with new pics and storys. i’d feel to withdrawn if i had to sleep by myself every night looking forward to meeting some of the other girls! i hope they don’t snore? it’d be ok tho i bought ear plugs for sleeping on the bus. x

• 10 May 2008 Kirstie said

Kirstie

uhhh i believe im allowed to go out the nyt before you get there muff face lol i have to say money belts are the best thing invented wen ur overseas just on the sheer basis that if someone takes ur bag its fyn cause u still have ur passport and money to buy a new bag but if u just have everything in ur bag ur kinda screwed.. are you jealous cause me and carla are going paragliding together danni naaaaaaaaawww…. my names kirstie but everyone calls me kirst or mcmuff or muff i tend to respond to any name tho so yeah lol
    xx

• 12 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

im bringing 3 pairs of ear plugs, i intend on wearing them a lot, lol. I’m really bad at sleeping with noise like not just snoring, like deep breathing and ticking clocks, it just keeps my mind active and i cant sleep.

yes kirst i am insanely jealous, not!!!! ill prob decide wen i get there.

carla u can prob tell from the question i posted on the “escapade party party party” i am really concerned about the acc. and facilities – i know it may seem stupid but i am actually deciding atm the best way to pack tolietries and the setup of facilities impacts it.

i also just realised im posting a lot on this, so i should prob stop. im pretty talkative naturally so my typing tends to be same way Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 May 2008 carla. said

Default_avatar

im the same i can ramble on for ages if i get started! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> if we keep posting pretty much every day like this we wont have anything to talk about in person by the time we actually go on contiki! with the accom. im guessing if it was really bad ppl would complain and contiki would do something about it so its probs all good- HOPEFULLY! HAHA x

• 12 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

hmmmmm…………u have a point. i think ill save some for contiki, lol. i never thought about it like that, unless everyone is too drumk to know the diff! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

also i hope u dont think i was being rude telling kirst not to meet u on the first night coz i wont be there, its just that i want to be there aswell Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

tc xoxo

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.