Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Souvenier Wine

28 Nov 2006 Always Smiling said

Default_avatar
While on the my trip, I will be visiting the Beujolais Wine Region. I have mentioned this to many family members. They have all asked to bring them back some wine. I am not too thrilled on this idea as I dont want to be lugging bottles of wine around for the rest of the trip. Is there such a way to have it shipped to them? Or I guess the question I should be asking is.....is there wine there to purchase to bring back or ship?
  • 29 Nov 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by pat5150:
    Any respectable winery will ship to your home, so there is no worries. Do keep in mind the amount you’ll have to pay for the shipping anf handlind, and then the amount you’ll be forced to pay in taxes…

All in all, this is good for expensive wines. For the rest, it will end up being cheaper or as expensive back home.

Patrick

Patrick: you can get all the alcohol you want shipped … but you will not get it back since you need to declare it on a customs form.

secondly:

quote:

Importing Intoxicating Liquors Through the Mail

4. Under certain circumstances, provincial liquor board agents can send intoxicating liquor through the mail. For instructions on the handling of intoxicating liquors in the mail system, see Memorandum D5-1-4, Mail Containing Intoxicating Liquors/Dangerous Materials.

Wine

5. Importations of wine must comply with the Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act. All Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) customs invoices must indicate the provincial or territorial liquor authority as the importer of record and identify the winery as the consignee. Authorization by the province or territory must also accompany the import documentation at the time of entry.

source

Translation – you need to work for you provincial liquor board to recieved alcohol thru the mail in Canada.

- Vic

• 29 Nov 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Hey Patrick … normally you can’t ship alcohol in Canada, but you are allowed to bring in alcohol w/ you duty free and more so if you pay duties.

Just a word of caution … YMMV when you ship/mail alcohol to Canada.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.