Community_discussions_small  

Comment

grand southern dec 16 2010 LA- NY

9 Jan 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, i will be doing the grand southern tour this coming December.. i know its ages away but is anyone else going on this date?? And if anyone has done the tour this time of year, what would you suggest clothing wise? i think layering will be the best option..
  • 16 Jan 2010 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hey Bec

Im also from Perth and my boyfriend and i are thinking of doing this tour. Im a school teacher so the only problem is getting the last week of school in term 4 off so we dont miss the first 3 days!

My sister did this tour around the same time last year and she took lots of stuff to layer and bought a massive coat over there. She also said long johns, beanies and mittens are essential and closed in shoes! Hope that helps..makes packing so much harder when you’re travelling in the cold! Hope that helps

Rhiannon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jan 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

thanks rhiannon, hopefully you & you partner will be on the same tour.

• 18 Jan 2010 travel_loving_friend said

travel_loving_friend

Hi Everyone

My best friend and I have just booked for the tour in December. Very Excited! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Jan 2010 tim89 said

Default_avatar

hey guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

i’m tim and i have just booked for this tour in December. I will be a solo traveller, looking forward to meeting everyone! Very excited!

• 13 Feb 2010 Kara said

Kara

Hi there everyone, I’m Kara. My best friend (Jess) and I are booking this tour in a couple of weeks. We are totally excited. Although we too are concerned about what clothes to take to keep warm. Layering is definately the option we are going with… Has anyone thought about how much spending money to take? I really wanna do all of the optionals! Oh boy, im so excited!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> talk to you all soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Mar 2010 Jess said

Default_avatar

Hi all!! So, we (myself and 2 friends – incl Kara above) have booked this tour… HOW EXCITING!!! We are staying 3 nights before and after in LA and NY… What are you all doing before and after the tour!?

• 25 Mar 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

hi jess im staying in LA for 4 or 5 nights before the tour, then i have added NY explorer onto the end of the tour after that im off to canada for 3 weeks! soo excited, ive been planning this trip for about a year now

• 25 Mar 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

i was also thinkn about trying to see san diego before the tour aswell…

• 26 Mar 2010 tim89 said

Default_avatar

I’m staying around 6 days in Los Angeles before the tour, i have some friends to stay with but i also want to and most likely will stay in a hostel for a couple of nights in or around Hollywood…any suggestions?

• 20 Apr 2010 Becsey said

Default_avatar

hey all, my best friend n i are already booked on this trip for dec 16th Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

this will be my 2nd time on this same tour. so good i wanted to do it again :P

we will be over there for 2 months- so doing hawaii, then driving san fran-san diego-la. then from ny driving up to canada Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

good to see lots of people already booked!!

• 20 Apr 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

just booked my flights over … staying in LA for 5 days before the tour then also heading up to Canada after a few days in new york!!!! cant wait so excited Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Apr 2010 SPedley said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m booked on the trip with my bestie (Becsey) for the 16th as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I can’t wait! It’s going to be a blast – as Bec said we are doing a lil bit of travel before and after just to make it extra special Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Counting down the days to meet everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Sarah

• 17 May 2010 lukehimself said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I’m also going on this tour! Coming from Melbourne (via New Zealand) and am staying in San Francisco and then LA for a few days before, NY for about a week after then off to Canada. Sounds like lots of us are heading in the same direction. If anyones interested we should organise a Disneyland visit or something before :P

• 24 May 2010 Explorer1184219 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, im craig, me and my girlfriend have booked this tour, first time overseas, really looking forward to it, looks like alot of aussies on the trip…. we are getting there early and doing nashville and san francisco, then staying in NY for about another 5 days or something afterwards… cant wait to meet everyone…….

• 11 Jun 2010 Zostar said

Default_avatar

Hi all! I’m Zoe and I’m booked on this trip too. Looking forward to going to the cold again. Went to Europe over Christmas two years ago – best advice, find a good pair of gloves! Can’t wait to meet you all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Jun 2010 tim89 said

Default_avatar

just paid off all my flights – can’t wait!

• 25 Jul 2010 ahsmith said

ahsmith

Hi! I’m booked into this tour, and I can’t wait. I’m going to be spending a few days in LA before the tour starts, and I’ll be on my own, so I’m interested in finding anyone else to meet up with before the tour starts.

• 27 Jul 2010 lukehimself said

Default_avatar

Hey ahsmith, Whereabouts in LA are you staying? I’m staying on Hermosa Beach and the pre-tour accommodation the night before.

• 27 Jul 2010 Sam said

Default_avatar

Hay everyone, Me and my Girlfriend are goin on this tour cant wait!! we are from perth an were stayin in LA 5 nights before and NY 7 nights after should be really good. lookin forward to meetin you all where is everyone stayin before in LA we are stayin at banana bungalows in hollywood

• 8 Aug 2010 Kara said

Kara

Hi everyone. Its great to see a few Aussies on the trip. I have created a facebook page for this tour if anyone wants to join to get to know each other a little more before the trip. http://www.facebook.com/group….1006725931595&v=wall

only 129 days to go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.