Community_discussions_small  

Comment

grand southern dec 16 2010 LA- NY

9 Jan 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, i will be doing the grand southern tour this coming December.. i know its ages away but is anyone else going on this date?? And if anyone has done the tour this time of year, what would you suggest clothing wise? i think layering will be the best option..
  • 8 Aug 2010 Explorer1202388 said

Default_avatar

Hey peoples. My name is Brett, signed up for the trip awhile ago. Going solo from Perth should be a blast. 5 nights in LA at Kyoto Grand Hotel B4 and 4 nights at New York Skyline hotel after (both are the Contiki deal hotels)

• 23 Aug 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

hey everyone!! not long now… so exciting! i havnt booked my LA accommodation for before the tour yet (except the night before) any suggestions?? im going to check out the ones ppl have already mentioned! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> what are everyone’s plans for canada after the trip?? I going to go to toronto for a few days then head to calgary and make my way to vancouver.. flying back home from LA so hopefully get to see san francisco aswell along the way… i have just over 3 weeks after the tour before i fly home! so glad there seem to be plenty of other solo travellers and lots of aussies… its going to be amazing!

• 23 Aug 2010 Lukey said

Default_avatar

Hey Bec,

I’m staying at Surf City Hostel, it looks pretty good, down by the beach and got good reviews. For the night before I’ve got the pre-tour accommodation so I’ll just take the subway there. You can book on www.hostelworld.com if you’re interested.

I’m gonna stay in New York for a bit after and then go to Canada too, but I’m going Montreal, Quebec City and Toronto. I’ll have to check out Vancouver next North American trip Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Sep 2010 mechman1098 said

Default_avatar

Heya to all,

Book in for this tour some time ago now, not long looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully all having a orsm time.

• 3 Oct 2010 MaddieBris said

Default_avatar

im going on this trip solo 17th december. coming from brisbane. are many other people doing this thing solo?

• 4 Oct 2010 Lukey said

Default_avatar

Yep solo for me!

• 29 Oct 2010 tim89 said

Default_avatar

Solo for me too! coming from brissy as well…i arrive on the 8th and staying at USA hostels in hollywood to see the sights…and then i have a night booked at the Kyoto the night before we leave. Can’t wait to meet everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> where is everyone staying in new york?

• 1 Nov 2010 BecPerth said

Default_avatar

solo for me too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> cant wait its going to be awesome…..

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.