grand southern dec 16 2010 LA- NY

9 Jan 2010 BecPerth said

Hi everyone, i will be doing the grand southern tour this coming December.. i know its ages away but is anyone else going on this date?? And if anyone has done the tour this time of year, what would you suggest clothing wise? i think layering will be the best option..
  • 8 Aug 2010 Explorer1202388 said

Hey peoples. My name is Brett, signed up for the trip awhile ago. Going solo from Perth should be a blast. 5 nights in LA at Kyoto Grand Hotel B4 and 4 nights at New York Skyline hotel after (both are the Contiki deal hotels)

• 23 Aug 2010 BecPerth said

hey everyone!! not long now… so exciting! i havnt booked my LA accommodation for before the tour yet (except the night before) any suggestions?? im going to check out the ones ppl have already mentioned! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> what are everyone’s plans for canada after the trip?? I going to go to toronto for a few days then head to calgary and make my way to vancouver.. flying back home from LA so hopefully get to see san francisco aswell along the way… i have just over 3 weeks after the tour before i fly home! so glad there seem to be plenty of other solo travellers and lots of aussies… its going to be amazing!

• 23 Aug 2010 lukehimself said

Hey Bec,

I’m staying at Surf City Hostel, it looks pretty good, down by the beach and got good reviews. For the night before I’ve got the pre-tour accommodation so I’ll just take the subway there. You can book on if you’re interested.

I’m gonna stay in New York for a bit after and then go to Canada too, but I’m going Montreal, Quebec City and Toronto. I’ll have to check out Vancouver next North American trip Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Sep 2010 mechman1098 said

Heya to all,

Book in for this tour some time ago now, not long looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully all having a orsm time.

• 3 Oct 2010 MaddieBris said

im going on this trip solo 17th december. coming from brisbane. are many other people doing this thing solo?

• 4 Oct 2010 lukehimself said

Yep solo for me!

• 29 Oct 2010 tim89 said

Solo for me too! coming from brissy as well…i arrive on the 8th and staying at USA hostels in hollywood to see the sights…and then i have a night booked at the Kyoto the night before we leave. Can’t wait to meet everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> where is everyone staying in new york?

• 1 Nov 2010 BecPerth said

solo for me too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> cant wait its going to be awesome…..

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.