Community_discussions_small  

Question

Chifley Potts Point - Closing???

22 Jun 2009 JimBrayFan asked

Default_avatar
Just got this email.

"Due to the unscheduled maintenance work happening in the hotel, the hotel will be forced to shut down for the rest of the year. Unfortunately this means we will not be able to accommodate you for your stay. I do apologise for the trouble that you have gone through to make the reservation with Chifley Potts Point.

Although, as you know there are many other hotels in this location and we have arranged with the Vibe Hotel at Rushcutters Bay that they will honour all rates with you for the existing booking you have with Chifley Potts Point.

The process needs to be that your future booking at Chifley Potts Point will be cancelled and should you wish to take the Vibe up on their offer to honour you rate/s, they will need to be rebooked with Vibe Rushcutters Bay.

Would you like us to arrange the cancellation and rebooking for you with Vibe Hotel or would you prefer to have these bookings cancelled now and you make alternative arrangements.

If you could get back to me as soon as possible, that would be great. I apologise again for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,

Lesieli Graham"
  • 23 Jun 2009 alyssa! said

alyssa!

is it closed now, or closing soon?
    hope contiki can rearrange everything, i leave in a couple weeks and staying there at the end of trip for 3 days.

• 24 Jun 2009 Vitka said

Default_avatar

I spoke w/ my travel agent and here’s the deal – apparently the hotel has been flooded and therefore is closing for repairs for an undisclosed amount of time. He also said that of course the situation was being monitored and that Contiki will rebook everyone to another hotel if need be. However if you’re leavng in a couple of weeks chances are they will still be closed, so you should definitely contact whoever was booking the trip for you for more info

• 28 Jun 2009 Br00klyn said

Br00klyn

Damn! I already booked an additional 5 nights with them at the end of the Aussie Explorer tour. Looks like I’ll be calling Contiki tomorrow morning.

• 29 Jun 2009 alyssa! said

alyssa!

my agent just called contiki they told her it was still open

• 29 Jun 2009 melangie said

Default_avatar

the Chifley Potts isn’t my hotel, but just a word of advice…..
    If it had been flooded, the hotel might not exactly be the cleanest, depending how far along the renovations are…If they or Contiki are willing to rebook you somewhere else at the same rate and it’s doable for you, I might consider it…

• 2 Jul 2009 GatorBrett1 said

GatorBrett1

I called and got the same reply about moving to Holiday Inn Potts Point. The Contiki person said they would email me an updated itinerary early next week (I depart July 13 – 1 day early – for Bridge to Reef tour starting in Sydney on July 16).

• 2 Jul 2009 Irelandfan said

Default_avatar

Hi there!
    I am on the reef and rock tour, starting July 12. I stay in a hotel in Potts point. Does the tour start still in front of Chifley Potts point? Or changed that also?
    Thanks!
    Irelandfan

• 3 Feb 2011 Explorer1231234 said

Default_avatar

Luckily it has closed down. It was a death trap for guests as well as staff.
    The flood was just that a flood of complaints. The owners closed it down and it will never open again.
    Thankfully

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion