Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Oktoberfest 2009

20 Jun 2009 Ads said

Default_avatar
Hey all

I'm Adrian from Adelaide.

Anyone thinking of going to Munich during Oktoberfest 2009?

Let me know as I am travelling Europe Jul - Sep 09.

Cheers,

Ads
  • 11 Jul 2009 Deja said

Deja

Hi Adrian,
    I’m Meg from Townsville and my bf and I are thinking of checking out Oktoberfest this year. We’re going to be in Germany from about Sep 21st until the 25th and then we’re off to London to join the Eurpean Discory tour, where we’ll get to go back through Munich once again on about the 29th or 30th. Yay!
    Let me know if Munich is still in your plans.
    Meg.

• 12 Jul 2009 Ads said

Default_avatar

Hi Meg

Thanks for your response.

Yes I am still keen to check out Oktoberfest, but as yet I have not booked anything for Munich. I am looking at doing 3-4 days in Munich anytime between Sep 22 to Sep 26 (as this would suit best in my plans). I think this does fit in with the dates you mentioned.

If you would like to discuss further, I am happy to share my email address with you and can also be contacted on facebook if you are on that…

Cheers,

Adrian

• 23 Jul 2009 claire said

claire

hey adrian,
    im claire from perth, im doin the 7 day tour think its the 17th sep to 23rd sep Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jul 2009 Ads said

Default_avatar

Hey Claire

I’ve just booked a campsite tent Oktoberfest accom thru the Fanatics (Aussies) via their website. I will be there from Sep 22 and check out Sep 25.

We mite bump into each other during the festivities lol.

Ads Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Aug 2009 Teach2004 said

Teach2004

Hi all. My name is Mary From NC, and I am looking into doing the 5 day Oktoberfest, anyone else on here doing the 5 day one? Also anyone else traveling alone. Any response would be great! Have a great day!

• 3 Aug 2009 Explorer1145843 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

My name is Kiran from Adelaide.

Im staying for five days from the 18th to the 22nd with my sis and a couple of other friends.

its going to be great!!

im a bit worried about seat reservations though… has anyone booked seats in tents?

ehh probably just thinking about it too much!! whoo!

Kiran

• 7 Aug 2009 crayola565 said

crayola565

hi everyone! I am going solo as well. I have been reading about the tickets for seats in the tents? I’m not sure what that is really about. Does anone know?

Thanks –
    Elena

• 8 Aug 2009 Ads said

Default_avatar

Hi Elena

Due to travel dates I ended up booking my oktoberfest reservation thru the Fanatics – http://www.thefanatics.com/oktoberfest/ rather than thru contiki.

I booked tent accom from Sep 22 and check out Sep 25. As I understand, you need to bring your own sleeping bag & pillow if you don´t want to sleep on the floor of the tent. Anyways, the tents option give you access to the beer halls, and also gives you option to sight see in Munich.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ads

• 20 Aug 2009 oz girl said

Default_avatar

Hi Mary,

I’m doing the five day tour with a friend. Can’t wait!!

• 27 Aug 2009 Shooter2712 said

Default_avatar

Anyone going to be there from the 23-29th?

Will be there, few days on my own and then another tour.

• 31 Aug 2009 oz girl said

Default_avatar

just counting down the days now… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Sep 2009 Rob said

Default_avatar

My travel dates couldn’t match up with the contiki tour so it will be my first big adventure out without Contiki but will be at Oktoberfest 26th – 4th, i’ve done heaps of contiki tours concept and camping before but i really don’t think a gut load of beer, a tent and communal toilets would be a good thing :P

• 28 Sep 2009 bsgotty said

bsgotty

I’m going to be traveling solo at Oktoberfest Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 before linking up with a tour in Berlin.

Any suggestions for places to go is greatly appreciated. And Email is langcid@aol.com

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.