Community_discussions_small  

Comment

First Time Traveller!

10 Sep 2008 brittany said

brittany
Hi Guys, im thinking of doing a contiki tour to europe in the next year or so and there was just a few questions i wanted to ask.

How much money do you think would be enough spending money. Im the type of person who looovves to shop and would want to buy something everywhere i go. Also from people who have done then, is a 10 day or 21 day tour better? I dont want to be on the bus the whole time and only spend like a couple of hours exploring.

Hopefully someone can share their opinions!!

THankyou Smiler
  • 16 Sep 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar

ok well the money question is a little harder for me because i tend to be rather attached to my cash lol, but typically they say you should probably budget for about 100 euro per day. another good way to judge is to budget the amount of spending money to equal the base price of your tour. it will also depend on what the economy is like when you go (who knows what the exchange rate will be!). you should budget in euros since thats what youll be spending in. in terms of a tour length, i did the european panorama, which was about a month long. by the end of the month everyone was pretty tired and reaching their limits, but my friend who had done a shorter tour also said that the problem with really short tours (like 10 day ones) is that you dont get to know all your tour mates as well, plus you spend a lot less time in each place.

• 17 Sep 2008 SuNDeViL09 said

Default_avatar

Hey Brittany, I am a intern for Contiki and have actually been on a European Discovery which is 14 days. It was the perfect length because you get to see so much! You can actually save a lot of money by booking your tour early, which will help with the extra spending money Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Let me know if you need any other advice I am full of Contiki knowledge.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion