Community_discussions_small  

Question

How Cold is west Coast Canada in June?

17 Apr 2008 NurseKara asked

NurseKara
Hi,
Does anyone know how cold it is in Canada in June. I am doing Canada & the Rockies June 6th and don't know if I hould pack a jacket, gloves, jumpers and pants.
Please Help!!!
  • 17 Apr 2008 JeffersonNYSE said

JeffersonNYSE

For the most part you really don’t have to worry about the weather in June. It’ll probably be around 20 degrees celsius on a nice day, and maybe around 12 degrees celsius on the colder ones. There will still be snow in the higher elevations of course, so higher you go the colder it’ll get. In the townsites (Banff for example) you shouldn’t need gloves or toque or anything like, but pants and a jacket would be a good idea.

• 17 Apr 2008 LeighF said

Default_avatar

I did the “Grand Canadian” in 2006 in August and it was so bloody hot in Vancouver it was real t shirt n shorts type weather but when we went into the heart of the Rockies to places like Jasper, Banff etc.. we had freezing cold nights and even some rainy days.

My advice is the take some warm clothes like at least a good warm coat or jacket just in case. It was bitterly cold at the summit of Sulphur Mountain when we were there. There was even snow around. Breathtaking view though!! Such a religious experience Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Apr 2008 Amanda said

Default_avatar

In my opinion, Western Canada is pretty hot!! But, I’m a Canadian Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> so I maybe I have a different definition of hot. Do bring layers…a jacket, some sweaters. A hat and gloves won’t be necessary. It’s not going to snow in June there. You’ll probably find the night cooler than in the day time.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion