Community_discussions_small  

Question

Amsterdam to Barcelona or Spanish Spree?

20 Oct 2009 Explorer1154185 asked

Default_avatar
Which one is better? with A-B Amsterdam is the place to see along with Paris. But Spansih Spree has Ibiza and from what I've hear Cordoba and Seville are great cities. But sadly no Amsterdam. Which one can I have the most fun on. BTW This will be my third Contiki. I did the Greek Island Hop last summer. Are the clubs in Ibiza better then the Greek Island Clubs? The first tour was the Italian Expresso.
  • 21 Oct 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

hmmm? good question. I have done both and liked both of them. If you like the club scene, and some major partying go with Spanish Spree. If you want to do some serious sight seeing and see some really cool things do A-B.

• 21 Oct 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

I have also been to Greece, and I can say that the clubs in Ibiza are much larger and waaaay more expensive than in Greece. I think the one club in Ibiza had a thirty euro cover, and beers were ten euro.

• 22 Oct 2009 Explorer1154185 said

Default_avatar

So was the Greek Isles better then Ibiza? Where you get three in Greece you only get one with spain. Also are the clubs in Amsterdam alot better then Ibiza and cheaper? Was the sightseeing in Sapin good too? How was your group photos like for both A-B and the Spree? Did they come with the nice photo folder?

Take care and thanks

Vishal

• 14 Jan 2010 haftrack said

Default_avatar

I did the Spanish Spree Tour and had a blast! The Clubs and Bars in Spain are great. It was a very late night every night. But we coped by normally having time to take a nap in the early evening and then still have time to eat dinner (they eat very late) and then hit the clubs. Plenty of time for seeing the sites. Drinks seem kind of expensive, but they’re loaded with alcohol and you’ll find a lot of two for 1 deals. If you really want to experience Ibiza make sure you go in the peak season when all of the clubs are open. During the winter only some clubs are open and the closer to peak season you go the more clubs will be open. The covers to get into Ibiza are high, but they have great DJs and your tour manager will hook you up with some sort of deal to get in – discounted cover or a couple of drinks included. The Group Photo is in Seville, you’re in front of a cool looking building. Lots of cool things to see in some cool cities. Valley of the Fallen is pretty cool. Every stop on the trip was great fun and had either cool things to see or fun things to do. If you have enough time book two tours – do spanish spree and maybe european magic and you’ll hit the highlights in europe.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion