Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Just a question...

11 Jan 2008 mc62778 said

Default_avatar
How many people going on this trip know how to ski or snowboard?

~Melissa
  • 5 May 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there Melissa
    I did the trip in feb 08 and there were quite a few people learning to ski and snowboard – just remember it is hard to learn but once you do you will love it – I found the indstructors very helpful and friendly.
    Hope this helps.
    I hope to do another 2 week trip in 2009
    Jo

• 6 Sep 2008 nzhome said

nzhome

I wouldn’t stress about learning its all part of the adventureSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Sep 2008 nursedreamie said

nursedreamie

ive never done it!! i waterski heaps so have heard the transition is easy!

• 18 Oct 2008 Caz said

Default_avatar

I’ve never snowboraded either but i plan to take lessons in both boards and skiis. I intend to use every minute of my time!

• 20 Oct 2008 Explorer1096315 said

Default_avatar

We’re booked in for the 19-27 December trip and are taking a few lessons on a dry slope to get the hang of boarding before we go. Might take a lesson in Austria too to get the hang of snowboarding on real snow!

• 9 Nov 2008 Explorer1116515 said

Default_avatar

I’m on the same trip with you. I wouldn’t bother with the dry lesson if I were you, it’s quite expensive and the instructors at the ski resorts are usually way more qualified. If you have any trouble in Austria I’ll be happy to help out (I used to be a ski instructor but I can teach the basics of snow boarding as well having boarding for about 5 years). If you think your going to find it really challnging then I’d recommend including the lessons package but if you generally pick up new activities OK I’d get lessons as you need them when you get there. I skiied in Andorra last year with a beginner and after 3 days of lesson they really couldn’t teach her anymore she just needed practise. After 4 days she was skiing reds confidently and even going down the blacks. If you’ve got a have-a-go attitude, you listen to the instructor and you have a decent sense of balance you’ll be fine!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion