Community_discussions_small  

Question

how much money should i take for the 26 day grand southern?

11 Oct 2010 katie asked

katie
im going on the 26 day grand southern in june and im also thinking about doing both the la and new york explorer. What would you all say is a decent amount of money to take?
  • 13 Oct 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

I did the GS this summer. I took $100 a day and spent probably another $700 on a card – that was doing almost all the optionals, going out most nights, souvenir hunting and shopping a wee bit too! If you want to do less optionals etc you could probably go down to as little as $50 a day.
    But remember, you will never do this trip again, so don’t let a few dollars stop you experiencing something amazing!
    Have fun!

• 13 Oct 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jill:
    I did the GS this summer. I took $100 a day and spent probably another $700 on a card – that was doing almost all the optionals, going out most nights, souvenir hunting and shopping a wee bit too! If you want to do less optionals etc you could probably go down to as little as $50 a day.
    But remember, you will never do this trip again, so don’t let a few dollars stop you experiencing something amazing!
    Have fun!

Well said !!! And most of N America will gladly take credit cards for almost anything.
    You can get small fries from McDonalds or a stick of gum from a grocery and pay w/ a credit card.

- Vic
  • 14 Oct 2010 katie said

katie

Thanks for the replies, im thinking of around 150 a day will be more than enough then!

• 1 Nov 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

rule of thumb is $100 a day

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion