Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going to Egypt 9/22 - 10/1?

21 Apr 2006 kamala asked

Default_avatar
Since everyone seems to be searching for Egypt tourmates in the Exotics Advice section, I should probably post this message here.

Hi everyone,
My friend and I are
thinking about going on the Egypt & the Nile trip in September or
October. Is anyone else thinking about going at that time? (We'll
probably book the Sept 22-Oct 1 trip.)
Has anyone been to Egypt in the fall? Is that a good time to go?
I'd love to hear from anyone with any input.
Kamala

• 28 Apr 2005 kamala said

Default_avatar

Hi Melissa,
    After doing additional research, and coordinating schedules, my friend and I are going to Egypt a week later (Sept 29-Oct 8).  One thing I realized that makes this a good time to go: we will be there during Ramadan (Sept 23-Oct 22).  Due to the bombings this past week on the Egyptian Sinai peninsula, it’s probably not a bad idea to go to Egypt (if we insist on going anyway) during an officially peaceful time. In Muslim societies, no one is supposed to eat or sin from sunrise to sunset, and all wars are supposed to cease.  Let’s hope that is the case for us.
    We are booking our trip tomorrow!
    Kamala

• 4 May 2005 *Cyn* said

Default_avatar

Hi Kamala!
    I just booked the Egypt tour for the same dates as you.  I have always wanted to visit Egypt and since I am doing a 6 week Mediterranean trip, I thought I would take this excursion to Egypt. It sounds amazing and from what others have said, I am really looking foward to it.  I would like to get some tips/advice from others who have taken this tour.
    Take care,
    Cynthia

• 5 May 2005 kamala said

Default_avatar

Hi Cynthia!
    Yay, I’m so excited to find someone on our tour this far in advance. That gives me a good feeling that our tour will go on as planned. Especially considering I did not buy my plane tickets through Contiki, I’d hate for my plans to get all screwed up at the last minute.

Six weeks in the Mediterranean, that sounds awesome!  I went to Greece on a school trip…ten years ago (eek), and had a great time. Are you doing the Mediterranean on your own or with Contiki (or another tour group)?

This is my second Contiki tour, and am excited that the pace of the Egyptian tour isn’t as crazy-hectic as European Discovery was. I won’t feel like I need another vacation after this tour is over.

So where are you from, etc.? I live outside Washington, DC and am a full-time graphic artist…though I’d love to get paid to travel the world instead.

So excited!!!
    Take care,
    Kamala

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion