Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Early check-in in London

22 Jul 2008 Explorer1104211 said

Default_avatar
Seeing that the Royal National hotel's check-in time is at 2pm, and the Contiki basement operates from 11am-7pm in winter, I was wondering what other options do we have to store our luggage before either of these open? My flight would arrive in London at 5:30am, so even if I gave myself a generous 3 hours to clear customs and travel by tube to the RN, I'd get there at 8:30am.
Alternatively, does the Imperial Hotel allow guests to store their luggage with the front desk/concierge before check-in time or after checking out (if I have a late flight out)?
  • 22 Jul 2008 Alex said

Alex

Yep, both hotels offer luggage storage anytime as they have 24-hour front desk coverage… No worries about that… If you’re staying at the Imperial Hotel, always ask them if they have an available room when you arrive… Of all the times I’ve stayed at the Imperial, they had an available room for me when I arrived around 8-9am so you might be lucky as well.

Cheers

• 22 Jul 2008 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

I agree with Alex. I was able to check in to my own room at 10:00am

• 22 Jul 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

I’m leaving a day early to have more time in london. will they be putting me with a roommate that day before the tour? or do you think I will have my own room?

• 23 Jul 2008 Alex said

Alex

If you’re staying at the Imperial, you’ll most likely get a single room; with the Royal National, you’ll be paired up with someone of the same sex, and that person can be anyone from any Contiki tour (either starting or finishing the tour, or doing the London package)

• 23 Jul 2008 Explorer1104211 said

Default_avatar

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your reply! I’d most probably book a single room at the Royal National so that I wouldn’t have to worry too much about getting to the departure point at 6am the next morning!
    Has anyone had any luck with checking in earlier at the Royal National?

• 23 Jul 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I thought they only had single rooms at the Imperial, but could be wrong.

When I booked an extra pre-tour night at the Imperial it was a single room that I had for both nights. My post-tour room was a double with someone who was starting a different tour the next day. The Imperial can store your luggage to for a pound or 2 a bag.

• 23 Jul 2008 Alex said

Alex

Yea, for a single room you’d have to book at the Imperial, since Contiki contracts the single rooms out for Contiki travellers. I think the only options at the Royal National would be twin-share or triple-share. My tourmates who stayed at the RN had to wait till 2pm to get a room, I guess because the hotel is generally mega busy, but you never know, you could get a room when you arrive if you’re lucky.

If you do stay at the Imperial, not to worry, it’s only 2 minutes away from the Royal National and you just have to walk down the street, no twists or turns which I know can be quite the challenge especially in European cities!

Plus, if you go to the pre-tour meeting, you’ll familiarize yourself with the area and so it’ll definitely be easier.

Have a great trip!

• 24 Jul 2008 Explorer1104211 said

Default_avatar

Yea you’re right, Contiki doesn’t offer single room rates at the Royal National. What I meant was that I’d book a single room at the RN through British Airways. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> LOL sorry for the confusion.
    Well, I suppose that since everyone has been saying it’s no problem getting from the Imperial to the departure meeting at 6am in the RN, I guess it should be alright. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> And I could definitely do checking-in earlier if I’m lucky, so that I could have a proper lie down after the long flight in! Ok, I think this has helped me make up my mind. Thanks heaps!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion