Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Is anyone going on european discovery Aug 31-Sept 13

19 Mar 2007 canada1 said

Default_avatar
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone out there is going on the european Dicovery on Aug 31-Sept 13?
  • 9 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

I actually just put a deposit down for this trip!!

• 20 Apr 2007 canada1 said

Default_avatar

Where are you from? Are you going solo?

• 22 Apr 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

I originally signed up for the Sept. 2 trip but I’m trying to switch to the Aug 31st departure instead, because it’s guaranteed!

I’m from Guelph, ON. I’m going solo and I’m sooo excited! What about you?

• 23 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Calgary.. And yup I’m going solo.. You?

• 23 Apr 2007 Allie07 said

Default_avatar

Hello All-

I just wanted to see who else was going on the Aug 31-Sept 13th trip!! This will be my first time to Europe and I am going solo so wanted to touch base with people before we left. :-)

• 23 Apr 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

It’s my first time to Europe as well!

• 23 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

My first time as well… My flight gets into London around 10:30am. I don’t want want to hang out by myself till the group meeting at 7:30 so if anyone wants to make plans to meet up let me know.

• 23 Apr 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

My flight gets in around 8:30am on Sept. 1st. I’d be happy to meet up!

• 23 Apr 2007 canada1 said

Default_avatar

HI EVERYONE
    This is also my first trip to Europe and I am excited. I am from Toronto, Ontario. I too am going solo (although I must admit a little nervous about that). My flight gets in at 10:30 also. I think it’s a great idea if we meet up and kill sometime.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

I’m super nervous dealing with the airport by myself.. Anyone have any ideas on what to do in London?

• 24 Apr 2007 Allie07 said

Default_avatar

Wow, sounds like everyone is kinda on the same page here. I haven’t booked flights yet, but I know I don’t want to hang out by myself. So I would be interested in meeting up. So is everyone out of college/working etc?

• 24 Apr 2007 canada1 said

Default_avatar

Hi Allie,
    Don’t worry you won’t be hanging out on your own. I am 27 years old and work full time in the hospatility industry and go to scholl part time. How about you?

• 24 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

I’m 28 and work in the oil and gas industry in good ol Cowtown as a tech.

• 24 Apr 2007 Allie07 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys-

I will actually be turning 27 during this trip. So it’s kinda a birthday present to myself. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I currently work full-time (way too much) at a large accounting firm.

• 24 Apr 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

I’ll be celebrating a birthday during this trip as well! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> This is kind of a 25th birthday present to myself!

I’m currently working full time for the Government of Ontario. I was a bit worried about hanging out by myself as well – but it certainly sounds like we’re all in a similar position.

• 25 Apr 2007 TheresaL said

Default_avatar

Hello all!

I just signed up for this tour and wanted to say hi. I am going solo and judging by the other posts here, I am not the only one! I will be getting into London at 11:30 am on August 30th so if anyone wants to meet up and do some sightseeing that would be great as this is my first trip to Europe and my first trip by myself so some company would be nice!

• 25 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

Hi Theresa, we live pretty close to eachother!! Sweet! Anyways, I don’t get into Europe until September 1st, but would love to get together then.

• 25 Apr 2007 TheresaL said

Default_avatar

Hi Morgan (assuming that is your name…)! We do live close together Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Sucks about both of our hockey teams this year!! Gee, can you tell I am from Edmonton?!? Meeting up would be great! Have you thought about what you were wanting to do? I am going to be doing a bunch of stuff on the 31st but if you have something specific in mind you want to do I would be more then willing to hold off if it is on my list too, just let me know!

• 26 Apr 2007 Morgans58 said

Default_avatar

Hi again.. Actually the name is Tonia.. My dogs name is Morgan!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’ve actually browsed some of the message boards about things to do in London, and I’m not sure what our time constraints will be.. Depending on when I actually get to the hotel. I read something about a Jack the Ripper walk, but that’s only in the evenings, however they did have a Davinci Code one. Maybe you have a better idea than I do.. Idea’s anyone? Oh yeah, and our hockey teams suck!! haha.

• 26 Apr 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,

Tonia and Theresa, being from Toronto, I can certainly understand the hockey team frustrations! Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> Ha ha.

I’m not sure what time check in is at the hotel. i think I read somewhere that it is mid afternoon. I imagine we could store our luggage in the Contiki basement until then? It may also be a good place to meet up. Just a thought.

I’m very interested in the Da Vinci Code walk. I also heard that the London Dungeon is really interesting as well! Apparently there are also tours of Buckingham palace at certain times of the year, but I will have to double check the dates on that one.

I’m spending two extra days in London at the end of our tour, flying back to Toronto on Sunday the 16th. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion