Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern 2nd June 2007

2 Jan 2007 Joshimus said

Default_avatar
Hi!
Ive just booked my Grand Southern tour for 2nd June 2007 & was just wanting to meet anyone else who might be on the same tour.

Josh
  • 28 Jan 2007 Jediress said

Default_avatar

i’m going i’m going
    booked and paid for
    can’t wait

Katherine

• 29 Jan 2007 Joshimus said

Default_avatar

Woohooooooo!Great work Katherine
    I was starting to get worried i was going to be on a month long tour by myself-lol.
    Im going solo from Sydney & its only 4 months away but i cant wait that long!!
    Are you getting to LA a couple of days earlier?

Josh

• 25 Feb 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

Hey Josh & Katherine,

I’m hoping to book the Southern Adventure tour (first 13 days of the Great Southern) this week! Just waiting to hear back with availability/final price from a travel agent Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Only found out Contiki did USA tours today and so glad I did – it’s a much better option than the hodge podge itinerary I was thinking of!

Which direction are you guys doing it in? I’m going LA-New Orleans. Will probably hang around in New Orleans for a couple of days after.

Have you guys done Contiki before? I’m not entirely sure what to expect since I don’t think my friends’ experiences in Europe are all that relevant :P

• 25 Feb 2007 Joshimus said

Default_avatar

Hey there Angela,
    Why arent you doing the full Grand southern tour?You will miss out on soooooo much!
    Im going La-NY on i think 3rd June.

I cant wait and ive only heard great things..plus its summer-woohooooo.

Ive never done Contiki b4 and im going solo so its all a bit new.

If you can manage to get the extra few dollars do the full tour-otherwise u might regeret it!

Josh

• 25 Feb 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

Hey Josh,

It’s not so much the money as the fact I’ve already been to Florida Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Although the itinerary for the GS tends to coincide a lot with my (already mapped out) plans for after the SA tour!

I’m doing the SA as an alternative to flying to Phoenix and doing the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley from there. Less hassle and I get to see a few extra places – LA I can do without but Vegas, Dallas and Memphis should be cool.

• 28 Feb 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

So I’ve booked and paid – can’t wait! It’s going to be great Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hopefully it won’t be cancelled – doesn’t seem to be too many on this forum who are doing the 2 June tour…

• 4 Mar 2007 Joshimus said

Default_avatar

Hi Angela,
    Thats great you are all booked-makes it seem a bit more real doesnt it.The only prob is once u book u want to leave 2moro!!lol

Yeah i dont understand why many people have not responded to this date..Its peak season..summer!
    There seems to be a few on the trip following ours though-oh well looks like we have the bus to ourselves.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Josh

• 5 Mar 2007 Joshimus said

Default_avatar

Hi Deanne!!

Great to have you on board,well now we have a total of 3 on our tour-lol.Are you staying in the Contiki recommended hotel in LA?

You sound like an old pro at these Tours-Any tips?

Josh

• 6 Mar 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

Hey Deanna! Glad to see another person on board – would hate for it to be cancelled Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Maybe all the other people on our trip don’t know about these message boards?

• 7 Mar 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

Deanna, seems we have something in common already Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Shopping in the us is awesome – just glad i can take 32kg on the way out!

The hotel is the BW Stovall’s Inn, at least that’s what Contiki told me! I’m staying the night before as well. I’ll probably be hitting up the Disney Downtown District for dinner that night if anyone else is keen. It’s walking distance from the hotel.

• 9 Mar 2007 WADE said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, ive just booked on the 2 June tour. I am a 30yo travel agent from adelaide. Not sure if ill spend 2 days in LA before tour or go to SFO first. Ill probly be jumping off the tour on the last day in washington.

wadeo

• 12 Mar 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

Hi Wade! Good, another person on board Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m spending a few days in San Francisco before heading to Anaheim – got a flight from Oakland to Orange County for only $52! So no New York for you?

• 12 Mar 2007 WADE said

Default_avatar

where did you get that flight from?

I am not doing new york as I need to be in London on the 26th to spend a month with contiki in europe leaving on the 27th.

• 12 Mar 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

i booked it through expedia.com, with alaska airlines. much easier and quicker to get to anaheim from orange county airport than lax. and getting to oakland airport from san francisco is super easy with the bart.

back to back contiki tours… you’re brave :P

• 24 Mar 2007 WADE said

Default_avatar

any ideas on how to jazz this forum up???

• 24 Mar 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Wade, I know i’m not on this tour but just wanted to tell you that when you see Elvis in Vegas take a photo of his crotch and if you like seeing old women with ugly fake boobs go to the topless bar on Fremont St, and look for the beer you can buy that look like footballs.Oh and collect the hooker cards that are all over the place in Vegas, great for playing go fish and snap with on the bus the next day.

• 25 Mar 2007 WADE said

Default_avatar

where do we go for the hot women with the nice boobs

• 27 Mar 2007 WADE said

Default_avatar

maybe you guys can add me to your msn messenger thingies wade050476@hotmail.com and tell me all about your travel plans

• 30 Mar 2007 Jediress said

Default_avatar

hi guys
    this is what my Trip loks like so far
    Fly in 20th may 3 days in LA Try to see as much as i can Universal studios etc May 23-28 Star Wars Celebration IV May 29-June 1 disneyland in Anahim June 2-25 Grand Southern June 26-29 Big Apple Explorer then maybe 2 more days in NY then Back to Washington for 4th of July Fly home July 5 For a 18th on the 7th busy fully planed etc but can’t wait as this is my first big trip and my first overseas trip

• 10 Apr 2007 Ange Rob said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Looks like there will be 2 Angela’s on this trip!! This is my first time overseas…can’t wait!!

Flying into LA on June 1 then Grand Southern June 2 – 25. Hanging around New York for a couple of days then heading to Montreal, then Vancouver and doing another Contiki tour around Canada and Rockies including Calgary Stampede – yee-ha!! Then going on an Alaskan Cruise then heading home to Brissy.

Angela – I’m up for meeting up on June 1 for dinner around Disneyland somewhere…

Can’t wait to go….sooooo not motivated at work!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.