Community_discussions_small  

Question

21 April - 10 May 08 - Any one else in??

25 Jan 2008 Crispy asked

Crispy
Hi everyone, was originally booked on the Panorama but both mine one before and after were all cancelled. Anyways this one will be even better!! - Anyone else care to join me? From NZ,Female/28 travelling solo... Scarry!!
  • 15 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Oh no I speak nothing but English… argh panic

• 15 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

I’m gonna need help lol…

• 15 Feb 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Dont worry Mel the only other language I can speak is Manadrin and considering we arent gng anywhere near China, I like I’ll also be glued to Ben,Kerri & Paul & Tori..

Nice bag Jon, funny you calld it a duffel bag?? We call that a suitcase – mind you a very fancy one. Duffel bag for us is sort of a backpack with drawstrings..

Its gng to be so funny with all the different things we all call things. Examp: we kiwi kids called rubber things for your fet with piece between toes – JANDALS, and I remember when I was staying in Aussie they called them thongs??

• 15 Feb 2008 Pauly0 said

Pauly0

The only bad thing about speaking fluent drunk is there is only some times when its usefull

We call those beautiful creations Sandals over here crispy.

I think we are all going to need help on this trip, good lord knows we all may need mental help after hanging with each other for 3 weeks and some change. (Longer for others JON and MEL)

• 15 Feb 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Sandals… Ok now they are completlt differnet again – they are normally something you could wear out at night..

OH DEAR!! iTS GNG TO BE A LONG TRIP.. Think your right Paul need therapy after..

• 15 Feb 2008 Benjos said

Benjos

Here in NZ it’s ZED. Actually I hate it when people say “NZ” as “Enn Zee”…it just doesn’t sound right!

Haha maybe contiki needs to include “post-trip therapy” to their holiday packages!

• 15 Feb 2008 Pauly0 said

Pauly0

Hello everyone…you all will be privy to the fact this might be the frist drunk post on this thread of the contiki forum.

I cant wait to meet everyone and I hope everyone has a great weekend because mine started with a bang…and me probably needing 2 advil in the morning.

Later Daters

• 17 Feb 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

I say Zee…to me Zed doesnt sound right. Haha

I was reading some other forum…some people said that these tour can go up to 40-50 ppl…wtf…and so far we only have like 6-7?? HAHA its going to be crazy! HAHA

Hey…just a thought, think I mentioned to a few of you before, in Paris we could go to Moulin Rouge instead of what Contiki offers…and I think it was Kerri (could be Tori) who told me that IF we do not have dinner there, its acutally not expensive. So we could do that and save some money! How could we go to Paris and not to Moulin Rouge!? Also, was reading up in some forum, like the Gondola ride in Venice, they said Contiki charges you more for those excursions…and all the dinner SUCKS…so I’m totally up for exploring ourselves and eat on our own…just a thought Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Feb 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Its strange aye if you are booking something you normally check out the website.. Never mind I think the 8 of us are crazy enough for about 50 odd people..

Yip I’m keen to go with the flow – I’ve spent enough money and have paid for 3 tours, hotels, flights etc…. and ANY spare cash would be great. Unfortunatley the Mtge still has to be paid while I’m away..so that took some of my spending money.

I’m sure I read somewhere one of the girls has a Bday while we are on tour?? Tori? Do you know where we will on that day?

Crispy

Hey Ben. Do you hold a kiwi passport?? HAve you been advised you need any visas??

What about anyone else?

• 18 Feb 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

I fi get it right, I think Mel’s BDay takes place when we are in Paris.

I checked, I think for U.S. passport, we are good for all the countries.So no need for visa.

Looking forward to meet your friend Tori.

Crispy- you have a mortgage?! damn…

• 18 Feb 2008 Benjos said

Benjos

yeah it is weird there aren’t more people checking this out…but i guess there are still 2 months to go until we go!

nah i dont think we need any visas being kiwis crispy. my travel agent didn’t mention it. ya i’m on a nz passport but i could always get an italian passport too, but i’m not that organised!

wow tori you sound excited about your mate. if she’s as crazy as you, then we might be in trouble! haha!

just booked into the royal national coz the travel agent says we leave real early so i dont wanna be running to catch the bus if i was staying somewhere else! man this trip is getting expensive! i’m with you guys on saving money when we can. the extras sound cool but i don’t think i’ll be able to afford to do most of them!

Crispy

Yep Jonathan have a Mtge – But then I am nearly 30 so needed to do something with my life.. No kids so next best thing was a house..

Yeah I checked out heaps of the boards and it seems kiwi kids dont need anything, we seem to be liked all over the world. COOL.. Saves some cash.

Totally agree I think I might have to limit to some of them.. hey Waikato any ideas what sort of $ you are looking at taking??

FOR ALL – I think Ben and I got the worst deal of exchange for every $1 we get about .38 for enlighs and .56 for Euro, so $100o is instantly only $380 pounds or $560 euros. so cutting some corners woud be great.

• 19 Feb 2008 Benjos said

Benjos

i think i read somewhere that 30 euro a day is normal for spending money but i don’t know if that would pay for the extra activities and stuff. yeah it’s stink our nz $ doesn’t go that far in europe. how are you people taking money over there? just credit cards and some cash?

• 19 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey everyone,
    Yeh it will be my b’day in Paris. I think we should all be safe and not need any visas (except Egypt). As for carrying money, I’ll be going with Cash Passports, either in Aussie Dollars, or one with Euros and one with Pounds. Don’t know how much to take yet though…

• 19 Feb 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

Yea…you lucky girls…just for that, drinks on you two! haha

• 19 Feb 2008 offtoseetheworld said

offtoseetheworld

Hey, It is my b-day on the 19th so if anyone is in London yet and would like to celebrate with me it would be fun!

• 19 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hell yeah I’m up for that! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hmmm not sure what time I get into London though, think its about 8 pm. Will have to check itinery… Tori what date is Erin’s b’day? Mines 22nd. Would be awesome to celebrate altogether! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Oh!!! Happy Birthday!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Feb 2008 Jonathan said

Default_avatar

OH wow…this is so cool that both of you have the same birthday! Wow…I wish my birthday is around that time too..haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion