Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Reefs and Rainforests

29 May 2006 Willz said

Default_avatar
Hey guys, My names Willz and im an Australian guy thinking about going on the 16 day reefs and rainforst Contiki tour with my mate in around January.  We are thinking of starting in sydney going upwards to Cairns.  I was wondering if anyone who has been on this trip or a similar one could tell me what it was like and if they had a good time.  Is it weird for an Auzzie to go on a Contiki tour in their own country?  If anyone else is thinking of going around this time let me know as well.
cheers.
  • 28 Jun 2005 ThomasVO said

Default_avatar

Any recommendations for the optional activities?
    Beaches and reefs is almost the same, so maybe you can give some info about the optional activities.

• 8 Aug 2006 karamel said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Good advice…I’m going to book the Reefs and Rainforests tour (starting in Cairns and ending in Sydney) for Jan 11 – Jan 26 (I’m doing the Grand Explorer tour in NZ after this one Jan 28 – Feb 11).

Is anyone going on either of those tours?

• 14 Jul 2007 Corina07 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I am thinking of going on the Reefs and Rainforests one in January too. Probably in the beginning of Jan heading from Sydney to Cairns. Anybody taking that one?

• 13 Aug 2007 dawnskees said

Default_avatar

I just finished Reefs and Rainforests starting in Sydney and it was the best holiday I have EVER taken. You will get soooo close to the people you are with. I now have friends all over the world to go visit. I would recommend it to EVERYONE!

• 12 Sep 2007 rafa said

Default_avatar

hey I’m doing this trip in jan problably with karamel, heve u already booked the tour?

• 15 Nov 2007 SDtravelChic said

Default_avatar

Hey Peeps, Im planning on going on this tour in January as well. Probably starting from January 10th or 12th and ending at the end of the month. Anyone else going at this time?? Im not too sure if my travel buddy and i are starting from sydney or cairns…any suggestions?

• 26 Dec 2007 deadan said

Default_avatar

I am heading to Australia for the reefs and rainforests tour on January 11th starting in Cairns and ending in Sydney. I guess I’ll see some of you there. My sister is coming with me and we are getting really excited.

• 31 Dec 2007 Explorer1084147 said

Default_avatar

Hey all, my name’s Daryl and I’m going on the Reefs & Rainforests tour departing Cairns on 17 January 2008. I’ll be in Cairns a day and a half before the tour begins. Any suggestions on what to do/what to see in Cairns during that time? Any recommendations from anyone who’s been on this trip regarding the optional excursions – which are worthwhile, which to avoid? Any other suggestions would be great. I’m so looking forward to this trip – it’s gonna be great!

• 31 Dec 2007 L-East said

Default_avatar

Hey Daryl, My friend and I are also doing R&R starting Jan 17 in Cairns, we’re both from Toronto.It’s cool to finally meet someone going on the same trip. I caaan’t wait.

• 3 Jan 2008 Explorer1084147 said

Default_avatar

Hey L-East, you’re from Toronto eh? So am I (just north of, actually). I’m leaving Pearson on the 13th, flying into San Fran. You?

• 3 Jan 2008 L-East said

Default_avatar

Hey, no way that’s awesome. I’m leaving the 10th, flying through L.A – if you have facebook you can add me: Lauri East. Can’t wait to meet you.

• 29 Feb 2008 Sony_Mouse said

Default_avatar

Just wondering what people thought about the Whitsundays Sailing option and if it was worth it?

I’m going to be going on the April 7th Cairns to Sydney trip if anyone else is going Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Sonya

• 4 Jul 2008 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, I’ve booked to go on the Reefs and Rainforests tour with Whitsundays options on 18th November starting in Cairns – anyone else on the same trip? Lauren (UK)

• 16 Oct 2009 Rach said

Rach

Hey, im going on the reefs and rainforests tour from dec 28 – jan 12th (from cairns to sydney). anyone else going on this tour? Rach

• 23 Oct 2009 MissySA said

MissySA

Hi guys

Anyone doing reefs and rainforests from cairns to sydney starting on 10 Dec???

• 30 Mar 2010 Dingo_Dean said

Default_avatar

I’ve just booked up for the Reefs and Rainforests tour, 6th May – 21st May (Cairn to Sydney). This’ll be my first time going away without my family so i’m slightly nervous, but very excited. I’ll be flying out 3rd May (my birthday) so I should be in for a treat.

• 25 Apr 2010 liz04 said

liz04

hey i’m doing the reefs and rainforests leaving sydney. Tour starts on Aug 22nd!
    Thanks for your updates, i’m super excited to go!

Anyone else going at the same time?

• 15 Aug 2010 ~*Tasha *~ :-D said

~*Tasha *~ :-D

hey fellow contiki-ers. just wondering if there were others who were going on the Reefs and Rainforests tour from Sydney on the 10th of july next year… early, right? Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 16 Nov 2010 Mark said

Default_avatar

Sounds awesome!!! Future plans!

• 19 Dec 2010 Explorer1223278 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sony_Mouse:
    Just wondering what people thought about the Whitsundays Sailing option and if it was worth it?

I’m going to be going on the April 7th Cairns to Sydney trip if anyone else is going Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Sonya

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.