Community_discussions_small  

Question

where do i go to get euros?

28 Apr 2008 SamhainChylde asked

SamhainChylde
i'm going on the simply italy tour on the 6th-18th and i was curious as to where to go to get euros.. would it be better to do it before i leave or should i do it when i get there?
  • 28 Apr 2008 amer said

amer

At the airport in USA, stop by Thomas Cooke to exchange dollars for Euros. I typically do this and avoid hitting the ATMs in Europe for the first few days. I like to have cash on hand when i land there.

• 28 Apr 2008 SamhainChylde said

SamhainChylde

do you think that they will have one of those at LAX? i haven’t travelled before and am totally clueless!

• 28 Apr 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

You can get some at the airport. But i suggest using an atm when you get to italy. I also took cash and exchanged as i needed per day this was available at every hotel we stayed at on my contiki last year.

• 29 Apr 2008 Amanda said

Default_avatar

Don’t do a currency exchange at the airport! What a rip off!! Go to a bank, they always have the best rates. Not every bank carries Euros. So, stop by your branch and ask them if they have any in the bank today and if not how long it will take to ship them in. Most large branches carry Euros daily if not it usually takes about 2 days to get them in.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion