Community_discussions_small  

Question

what happens if you dont attend meeting night before tour?

9 Dec 2007 KiWi Chick asked

Default_avatar
is it a big deal if you cant make it to the meeting the night before your tour departs??
  • 9 Dec 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

It’s not a big deal if you miss your pre tour meeting. However you are missing out on your first chance to meet your group. There is also a (unlikely) risk that you may miss out on a important piece of information about your trip.

• 9 Dec 2007 Jess&Aleks said

Default_avatar

Do you find out about the pre tour meeting in your documents?

• 9 Dec 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Yes in your itinerary it has info about the pre-tour.
    I didn’t go to mine and it was no big deal. I was on UK Big Brother instead lol!

• 10 Dec 2007 KiWi Chick said

Default_avatar

ok thats sweet then, I will most probably go,jst wanted to know what it was for. May even have to stay at the royal national hotel the night before, as we leave new years day, and from where im staying the train won’t make it in time in the morning… haha

• 10 Dec 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

It’s best to stay at the RN it means you only have to get up and walk a few metres to meet everyone, rather than hiking with your suitcase

• 10 Dec 2007 Ana said

Ana

what is the pre-departure meeting? that information is not on the itinerary…

• 10 Dec 2007 Ana said

Ana

i found out about the time on another forum. how long doesthe meeting last?

• 10 Dec 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

The pre tour meeting is where you be introduce to your tour guide, give up to date info on the tour. Told where to meet and at what time the next morning for the bus. They’ll collect your basic information, if your travelling with someone they’ll ask what kind of relationship so they know not to put brother and sister in a one bed room or a couple in a 2 two bed room stuff like that.

• 11 Dec 2007 Vee said

Default_avatar

There’s a pre tour meeting?!?!
    First I’ve heard of it. I’m going to be sitting on the Jubilee bridge facing the London Eye from 5pm on th 31st waiting for the fireworks, So I doubt I’ll make it!

• 1 Jul 2008 Chillibg said

Default_avatar

I have plans for dinner the night of the pre tour meeting!
    Does anyone know how long the ‘pre tour meeting’ last? I wouldn’t want to miss out on important info!

• 1 Jul 2008 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

Our plane doesn’t hit london till 6.30pm the night before so I highly doubt we’ll be making it! Apparently it’s ok for us to just turn up the next morning for the tour. But we should be catching up with other people who are doing the tour when we arrive so should be able to catch up on anything we missed.

• 1 Jul 2008 shazz9876 said

shazz9876

hi all
    the predarture is a chance to meet your tour manager and tour driver as well as meeting your fellow future friends.
    The talk at the begining goes for 10-15 mins and then its some paperwork side. But while your in the queue, chat among yourself and you will be suprised by how much more relaxed you have become.

shaz

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.