Community_discussions_small  

Question

Backpack or purse?

7 Feb 2010 Emma B asked

Emma B
I have heard many things i am going to london/paris amsterdamn in May and i am not sure if i should bring a backpack or a purse/tote bag on day trips.
any help would be great

Thanks
  • 7 Feb 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

I used a messenger/tote bag for the days i felt safer with my bag on the side and was easier to access when needed…although it is up to personal preference.

• 8 Feb 2010 Natalie said

Default_avatar

I used a small purse/bag that slung across my body. If I was to go back I’d take a small backpack instead. But carry your things on the front of your body anyway, its safer.

• 8 Feb 2010 Jess said

Jess

pacsafe.com does a really good secure handbag with a slash-proof strap and locks and stuff. I’ll probably be getting one of those to take.

• 8 Feb 2010 Vic said

Default_avatar

I used a medium purse/tote bag with a front flap as I wanted to be able to keep it close to me in some areas.

• 22 Dec 2011 Explorer1334491 said

Default_avatar

I was thinking of taking a small messenger bag. Maybe by travelon or pacsafe. Then perhaps keeping a backpack on the bus with a few extra things…

• 19 Feb 2012 Emma B said

Emma B

i ended up using a purse that went over the shoulder it wasnt too heavy and fit everything in. I would only suggest making sure it has a zipper

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion