Community_discussions_small  

Question

tour starting the 10th jan???

2 Sep 2008 bernadette asked

Default_avatar
hey, just wondering if anyone on here is doing the winter wanderer starting on the 10th jan till the 2nd feb?
or if anyone has done it, or know any who has and give any tips? ive never travelled or been anywhere cold! im from australia and dont really have cold weather where i live
thanks guys
  • 17 Sep 2011 RosieVaccaro said

RosieVaccaro

Hey! I am going on this tour, join the facebook page.. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/216073651758836/

Rosie:)

• 17 Sep 2011 PinaI said

PinaI

Oh it’s gonna be cold alright! The best thing I can suggest is to take clothes you can layer because it’ll be cold out but you’ll overheat in. If you really feel the cold then, since you still have some before you leave, maybe consider investing in a ski-type jacket to keep you warm. You can get them here at places like Kathmandu but they cost a bucket. I’d look online and get one from America, it’ll be cheaper and probably keep you warmer since they’re made for snow over there. Might be worth looking into thermals too.

If it is snowing, don’t wear jeans without something underneath. Jeans hold on to the cold so they won’t keep you warm. I remember it being -8 or something at the Grand Canyon and by the time I got back to my hotel my thighs were red raw and cracking from the cold. Not good!

Take a camera, take lots of memory and have a blast…it’ll be a trip you’ll never forget.

• 20 Sep 2011 SarahRobyn said

SarahRobyn

Hey i’m on this tour with my flatmate, we’re so excited! join the facebook page, like Rosie said. =)

• 28 Sep 2011 Amy said

Amy

I’m on this tour to!! join the facebook group! :)

• 28 Sep 2011 Amy said

Amy

lol just relised this was posted in 2008. dont think they are going on the 2012 tour lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion