Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Euro discovery during winter

22 Jul 2009 tchick186 said

Default_avatar
what should i pack? I'am used to crazy texas winters.. Is it really cold..what kinda clothes should i bring
  • 23 Jul 2009 Annemaryme said

Default_avatar

What countries are you visiting? And how crazy are texas winters? are they like cold? Tell me the countries yer visiting and I can tell you a bit more about what to take. But overall I’d go for wintercoat, hat, gloves, scarf, long sleeved stuff. Prepare for snow, rain, temperatures between 10 and –10 Celsius (even lower in Scandinavia). Guess it really depends on what you are used to I guess. Smiler<!-graemlin::)—>
    Pm me if you want to know more Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 23 Jul 2009 tchick186 said

Default_avatar

Im doing the european discovery tour…france, england,netherlands. Where I live in texas, it could be 70 degrees (F) one day and 30 degrees (F) next day.

• 24 Jul 2009 Lynsey722 said

Default_avatar

I went on this trip last winter and I’m used to crazy Virginia winters…it was cold, but I could deal with it. Take layers that will help and take stuff for rain just in case.

You can find more details on what I did and packed on my travel blog review of the trip at www.lynseystravels.blogspot.com

and if haven’t booked yet let me know and I can get you $100 in excursion dollars!

• 25 Jul 2009 oooteresa said

Default_avatar

hey. i did discovery last december and had an awesome time. i’m from connecticut so the weather was pretty comparable. i don’t know what month you’re going but december was relatively mild i thought. some cities were colder than others. definitely pack layers, hat, gloves, and warm dry shoes. and definitely pack a waterproof jacket. when it rains you have no choice but to stay outside and explore. we all learned that in venice, gondola ride in the pouring rain. haha. i’d say it wasn’t below 20 anywhere. and when we were in rome it was like mid 50’s which was nice. have fun!

• 28 Jul 2009 Asian.gem said

Default_avatar

I’m doing my trip in October, how do you think the weather is gonig to be? I’m excited. Loves the new website, lynsey. Got lots of tips from it!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.