Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Free time on the tour

3 Jun 2009 Explorer1138013 said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone -- I'm booked on a simply italy tour, and I'm havinga hard time figuring out how much "free time" I'm acutally going to have. IE. If I take the guided Imperial tour of Rome, will that eat up all my free time, or will I have time to get in a tour of Vatican City/Sistien Chapel as well? And how long is the extra trip into the blue grotto? Will the tour boat wait for those people who want to do this?

Any thoughts/advice on this sort of thing?
  • 4 Jun 2009 Explorer1138013 said

Default_avatar

Hey! Thanks so much for the information. does the coach drive us around on that last full day in Rome, or does it just drop us off, and we find our own way around?

Any other tips/suggestions about the trip? I’ve read not to follow the guide out of pompeii, cause you’ll spend like 1.5 hours in the souviner place.

• 5 Jun 2009 Explorer1138013 said

Default_avatar

You are being SO helpful Nat! Do you know if the ticket you get with the imperial tour includes admission to Palatine Hill? I know the tickets you buy individually do. Does it permit reentrance later in the day?

• 27 Aug 2009 Ang said

Default_avatar

I did this tour Dec/Jan, and the inside of the Collosseum WAS included in the Imperial Tour. When I did European Encounter the previous Jan/Feb, it wasn’t included. My sis did the Imperial tour in the morning, had time to meet me for lunch, then about 10 of us walked straight into the Vatican Museums, and my sis even had time to climb the dome. We still had time to get back to the hotel and get ready for the final dinner (fun times). I would recommend NOT having an early flight the last day…we had extra days in Rome but foolishly promised to get up to say goodbye to the early leavers…not a good idea after many Italian reds and 2.5 hours sleep :-p

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion