Community_discussions_small  

Question

Superior hotels???

2 Jul 2007 da nu nu asked

Default_avatar
Hey ya'll, Im going on the london. paris and amsterdam getaway starting the 14th. In looking around the site I cannot find any info about the hotels we will be staying in. Does anyone know how close they are to major attractions, if hairdryers are in the rooms and general quality information.
  • 2 Jul 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

I went on that tour in May. The hotels were:

London: Imperial Hotel, Russell Square

Yes, this one is close to lots of attractions. The British Museum, Covent Garden, West End Theatre District, and other stuff are in walking distance.

Paris: Campanile Paris Patin

It’s out in this ghetto area on the outskirts of Paris and is not really close to anything. The metro subway stop is really close by so you can get around easily.

Amsterdam: Nieuw Slotania Hotel. We were supposed to stay at “The Blue Tower” but the construction was behind schedule and it was done ready yet.

Again this was on the outskirts and you had to take the tram to get anywhere. Fortunately the tram stop is right around the corner.

For all of them, I thought the quality was “decent” and I didn’t really have complaints given the price.

Of course, there’s no guarantee that your tour will go to those hotels.

Also none of them had hair dryers included so bring your own multi-voltage travel hairdryer.

• 3 Jul 2007 littlechicken said

Default_avatar

I went on a superior hotel tour. The hotels where fine but they weren’t that close to attractions. You get the bus in to town in the morn. You’re given a map and details about how to get back to the hotel via public transport in case you miss the bus home. The hotels aren’t right in the middle of everything otherwise the price of the tour would be more.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.