Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Contrasts Sept. 9 2010

28 Apr 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer
Hey everyone!

My sister and I have booked the European Contrasts tour leaving on Sept. 9th and we were wondering if anyone else had booked for the same date?

Also if anyone has any advice or has been on this trip before and you could tell us your experiences, that would be great!

Thanks!

Jess and Amanda
  • 10 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Hey hey Jess and Amanda!!!

woo it is sooo exciting finding more and more people who is on this tour!!! and also another forum!!!

Im teagan and my partner alex is also coming on this tour!!! We fly out in 119 days!!! lol We,re from Sydney Australia. Where are you both from?

We have found others on two other forums too!!

Teagan Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 May 2010 sammy said

Default_avatar

hi jess and amanda, and teagan!
    Im Sam, im from melbourne. im booked on this trip, i think teagan you have posted to a couple a previous post of mine.
    My sister went on a similar tour a couple of years ago, and her advice to me was take lots of photos, dont forget to bring dressy clothes as well as walking clothes, and bring lots of money, coz u will want to do a lot of the extra activities they offer.
    Do any of you know what the weather will be like while we are there?
    Thanks! Sammy

• 11 May 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hi jess and amanda great to meet more people
    hello tegz ans sammy again i’ve met you on other forums Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

omg its getting closer i always get excited when i see your countdowns tegz! im baseing mine on weeks so only 16 to go till me and brad leave little adelaide.

jess and amanda are you from Australia?
    my friend went last year and he said to do ALL the optional extras. i’ve been looking at the average temperatures in different parts of Europe in September Sammy and it varies but the ave min is 11 and max is 19 in london but most other places seem to be warmer between 20 to 26 max. i dont know how accurate the website was though.
    i hope this helps
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    see you all in september

• 11 May 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer

I’m so glad people have responded!

To answer your question Tegz and C8lan, Amanda and I are from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It seems like everyone who has posted is from Australia? That is very cool to know that we will be traveling with people from literally around the world!

As for the weather for that time of year, I’ve heard that its in and around the 20 degrees range like C8lan has said. So warm clothes for nights and summer clothes for days Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I am so excited, I know its still three months away but I literally think about it every day! Can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 12 May 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

yippee,
    i’m too excited its getting closer and closer,
    i must admit i’ve never heard of winnipeg but canada is on my to visit list after Europe.
    how long is your flight from canada? im sre its heaps shorter then ours from Australia Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i can’t wait and what ever the weather is im going to love it… although i hate really really really cold weather Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    see you all in september

• 14 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

I have a friend who just mooved back to Canada!! anyways! from what i have found via these forums… our tour seems to be dominated by Australians!!!
    I think we get the best of both worlds with the weatehr though, as it will be coolish in the northern parts of Europe but alot warmer down south!! lol

It is getting soo much closer!!

• 16 May 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer

ha ha, not many people outside of Canada have heard of Winnipeg, it is such a small city. Our flight though is about an 8 hour trip from Toronto, Ontario. I’ve taken that trip before so I know what to expect but my sister who isn’t the biggest fan of planes is a little nervous. How long does it take from where you guys are coming from?

From what I’ve seen also, it seems like there’s mostly Australians which is great because we are so far apart, It’ll be cool to meet people from that far away Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Well from Sydney it is about a 23 hour flight i think, but on my flight we have a few hour stop in Kuala Lumpa… which makes it soo much longer! lol
    From my previous experience i seem to scare myself like what if i snore lol like you kno who if you sleep in a certain position you might snore? well thats how i scar myslef… so i have troubles sleeping on the flights! lol it sounds soo crazy!

I wonder where else in this woulrd people are from on our tour!!!! Find our forums people! :-)

Teagan :-)

• 17 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

how*** not who***

• 17 May 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hey hey,
    its about the same approx 23 hours from adelaide, but we’re also stopping in KL for a number of hours. but the good thing though is we leave on the 3rd fromadelaide and we arrive on the 3rd in London at 6am… but on the way home we lose a day.
    i really hope we have a variety of people from different countries on our tour.
    question. what are you guys doing about “going out” clothes i’m thinking dress and heels but i’m not sure cos it gets pretty cold at night??? i’ve read mixed opinions on other forums, so i’m still undecided,iknow its still not for ages but im curious about all your thoughts Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    see you in sept.

• 18 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

hmmm its a tough one i reckon too, maybe a dressor actually tow choices… one for warmer weather…. and the other for colder weather!! not too sure, as we get mixed weather…. urgghhhh!!!!!

I have a question too, at the places we stay at do we have access to laundry facilities? Like how do we wash our clothes?

• 18 May 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hey hey i remember reading somewhere ages ago about washing, most places have laundry facilities, i think there is only a couple of places that dont, but the prices vary from place to place if i find the forum i read it in ill post a link on here for you. i hope this was a little helpful.

thanks for your thoughts on the dress issue i think ill bring two dresses or one dress and a nice top as they are only light so dont take up much room Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

oooo awesome!! lol as i worring about how much room would i really have in my suitcase…. lol thanks heaps !

• 25 May 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Awesome!!! Thanks heaps…. your an absolute legend!!! :-)

• 6 Jun 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

yippee we have only 3 months and 2 days till we start contiki!!!
    i hope your all going well with your saving and ill see you all in 3 months.

• 7 Jun 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer

I am getting sooooo excited!!! I officially have the trip amount saved up and now I have 3 months to save spending money!! This is really going to be the trip of a lifetime guys. I can’t wait to meet you all and explore Europe together Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Jun 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Hello all!!! Im soo excited, I now too have offically saved the amount for this holiday!!!! Wooooohooo!!!! Our tour starts in 2 months and 17 days!!!!! It is becoming soo close!!! Its strange going into the shops and just looking or buying things for this holiday!!!!! I got sleeping bags yesterday on special… which was even better!!!!!!
    How are we all going anyways?
    Tegz :-)

• 21 Jun 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

haha, i’m exctly the same when ever i go shopping i keep thinking ahh that would be good fro europe and i need those too. congrats on the saving i have too reached my goal yippee and with two months to spare!
    i go tmy sleeping bag too about a month ago, i got really excited when i found them on special, we just got cheap ones so if we want to we can leave them over there at the end of the trip so we dont have to waste luggage space and weight. i also bought one of those towels that dry really quickly and are super absourbent. hopefully it works Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    cant wait to see you all, are you all going to the pre departure tour meeting thingy the nght before? i think we should do drinks or somthing after?
    cheers caitlan

• 29 Jun 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Hey is anyone interested in top gear?

• 30 Jun 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

random question! if its on tv i watch it but my partner brad loves it, how come you ask?

yippee soo close now looking forward to meeting you all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion