Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Contrasts Sept. 9 2010

28 Apr 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer
Hey everyone!

My sister and I have booked the European Contrasts tour leaving on Sept. 9th and we were wondering if anyone else had booked for the same date?

Also if anyone has any advice or has been on this trip before and you could tell us your experiences, that would be great!

Thanks!

Jess and Amanda
  • 30 Jun 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

we have i think 2months and 8 days til our tour starts!!!!!!!!

Oh nothing out of the ordinary! my partner loves it too… so do i!
    But they film there shows every wednesday in surrey just out of london, apparently its like 26km out of the city.
    I signed up on line to get ticks for their show… as they are free, and im currently on the short list, but if i get them and if they are filming on the wednesday prior to our tour i think get four tickets….
    So i guess im putting out there that if i happen to get ticks, is anyone interested!
    From what the website says it starts at 2pm and finished no later than 7pm….

• 1 Jul 2010 Explorer1169327 said

Default_avatar

hello all my name is Catrina and im so excited for contrast tour. Im another aussie on tour. You guys seemed to be old friends now. I cant believe you guys have already saved all your money…. wow. admiration right here.

very pump for tour, not long now… flying solo so very keen to get to know people before tour begins.

• 1 Jul 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Welccome Catrina!!!!!
    Wow us aussies seem to dominating this tour… from what it seems via these forums!!! where abouts are you from??? Well i have only recently paid my tour off… now im just trying to save some spending money!!! not long to go now!!!

• 1 Jul 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hellooo Catrina,
    yes yes please do tell us where in aus your from? and when your arriving in London?
    good on ya for flying solo,i think Sammy and a few others who have posted on another forum sre also going solo so your def not the only one Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> (ha ha wats sad is now after writing the word solo i have that song rinding solo in my head)

tegz keep us posted with the top gear tikets Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

cheers caitlan

• 4 Jul 2010 Explorer1169327 said

Default_avatar

hello again,

So many aussies, wow. I come from from a little town, nearby Byron Bay on the north east cost of Nsw.

I am flying about a week before our tour starts. I am luckie enough that i have a sister who lives in london i can crash with.

Are you guys going to have much time in London before the tour. If so other than top gear are you guys planning on doing any day tips. Though top gear does sound very cool. Very jealous.

Catlin the song riding solo really Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Jul 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Ahh so would you be flying out from Brisbane then? Yea my partner is flyin and flying out on the monday… before our tour!! sooo excited!!!

• 5 Jul 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hey hey, your so lucky having a sister living in london Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> me and my partner are arriving on the 3 of september so a week before hand and we have a week after. at this stage we are thinkin of going to to ireland for a few days but havent decided exactly when yet Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

i really want to see a show at the west end at some stage whilst in london and i wnt to see all the major sites etc.

and i had that dam song in my head for hours after checking this forum grrr so so frustrating ha ha.

its nearly two months till we start contiki yippee Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jul 2010 Explorer1169327 said

Default_avatar

im counting down they weeks… only 8 more weeks left of work. Im so excited just for the fact i wont have to work.

I also arrive on the 3rd flying out of brisbane.

i was looked at short tour. You guys should look up shamrock tours or somthing similar to that. When i was doing some research they seemed pretty cheap like $250 to $300 aud and you just pay for your accomdation on top of that. They have like 2 and 3 day tours . Might just give you idea of what you might want to see.

I was thinking i would like to go to bath and stonehedge. Though im not sure if i get their and might be like, Oh so there is some rocks in circle :P

• 12 Jul 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

57 sleeps for me!! :-) soo excited!

• 12 Jul 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer

Hey everyone!!!

I honestly can’t believe that it is less than two months away before our trip starts! I am really excited to meet all of you. It really seems like we’re the only Canadians going so far ha ha, but I’m sure there’s lots of other people that we haven’t heard from on here that are going. I wonder how we will all recognize eachother when we finally meet!

Anyways, I’ll talk to you all soon!

Jess

• 13 Jul 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hey guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i’m soo excited its getting closer and closer!!!
    yeah so far its only you two who are from canada but im sure there will be more Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

and catrina i feel the same as you i want to see stone henge but at the same time i dont want to be disapointed especially since you cant actually touch them or anything the closest you can get in open hours is 3 meters (10feet) and its two hours out of london hmmm …

anyways im still sooo excited see you all soon

• 14 Jul 2010 mizz-leha said

mizz-leha

leavin sydney 6th sept.. spending 2 days in london then starting the tour on 9th sept.. can’t wait..

• 15 Jul 2010 L3r0y said

Default_avatar

should b a good trip… is anyone staying at russel square the night b4?

• 15 Jul 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

yippee more people Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    hi mizz-leha and l3r0y
    so where in the world are you both from? i’m guessing mizzleha, you are from sydney.
    and yes both my self and my partner brad are staying at the contiki hotel near russle square i think its called the royal national, its above the contiki basement Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Jul 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Welcome mizz-leha and l3roy!!!!

Are you both from Sydney… i am!

I’m soo excited as we are all writing it coming even closer and closer!!! Yay

My bf Alex and i are staying at that contiki hotel thing… likewise as C8lan and brad!!! i dunno.. so we are more than likely to be in the same place!!! :-)

L3roy, when do you arrive in London?

I soo pumped that more and moore are finding our forums!!! I can’t wait to finally meet you all! Pre warning… I’m terrible with names, so forgive me in advanced!!! lol

Teagan! :-)

• 19 Jul 2010 L3r0y said

Default_avatar

ill be in london from the 3rd..

• 21 Jul 2010 Explorer1199264 said

Default_avatar

HEY! my names Tanis and im from CANADA!! 18 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    sooooo excited Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 21 Jul 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer

Woo hoo!

Another Canadian! Not that i’m not super excited to meet all of my new Australian friends.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Where are you from in Canada Tanis?

Oh and Amanda and I are also staying at the hotel in Russell Square the night before the trip starts!

I honestly cannot wait any longer! I want it to be September already!!

• 21 Jul 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hi Tanis welcome Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> yippee more people!!!

its exciting that we have more canadians coming Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    when are you arriving?
    im sooo excited its soo close now and im looking forward to meeting you all see you all in just over a month

• 22 Jul 2010 Explorer1162063 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I am just about to book my tour for September, (i know not long to go!) I was just reading through your posts, have you been able to find any more people doing this tour for Sept 9th? Just needing to decide on the dates at present Sept 1st ot 9th.. any new updates?

Cheers,

Nik
    (Nicole)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.