Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Contrasts Sept. 9 2010

28 Apr 2010 DancingExplorer said

DancingExplorer
Hey everyone!

My sister and I have booked the European Contrasts tour leaving on Sept. 9th and we were wondering if anyone else had booked for the same date?

Also if anyone has any advice or has been on this trip before and you could tell us your experiences, that would be great!

Thanks!

Jess and Amanda
  • 12 Aug 2010 L3r0y said

Default_avatar

2 weeks 2day till im there.. its gonna b epic…

• 12 Aug 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Hello Cale!!!!

Glad you have booked yourself on this fabulous tour with all of us!! welcome!!! :-)

So where in the world are you from?
    When are you arriving in London?

Ahhh soo many questions!!!
    I’m soo excited i cant wait! I’m even counting down the days i have left of work… 16 days to go!!! :-) LOL

Our tour is in less than a month now….. yay!!!

Teagan :-D!!!!

• 12 Aug 2010 Cale said

Default_avatar

I am from Sydney, Australia… Im getting in london the 5th of september… only 23 days away… not that im counting or anything

Tegz101

Oh you fly out a day before me!! Lucky!!!
    Where abouts in Sydney are you from… Im also from there, from the Macarthur region!!!!!
    LOL im sure we all are counting down!!! :-)

• 12 Aug 2010 Aim081 said

Aim081

lol I am also counting the number of work days left… 16 yay!!! I am flying out from Sydney on the 7th September so arrive in London early on the 8th but I’m staying in London for nearly a week after the tour.
    Everyone on this forum is so young so far…. I am 28, will be 29 in Munich! Oktoberfest! I might be the grandma of the group lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Tegz101

Ohhh your not old at all!!!! :-) Hmmmmm another bday while on the trip! Woot another bigger reason to partyy even harder!!!!!!! :-D
    I turn 21 2 days after i return home!!!
    Ahh you also have 16 days left of work!!!
    I dont think i will ever want to return!!! :-)

• 12 Aug 2010 Explorer1202049 said

Default_avatar

that 2 birthday on this trip now YAY extra celebrating and what a better day to have your birthday than at oktoberfest lol.im leaving melbourne on the 5th and land in london on the 6th so 2 days to piss far around in london so if anyeone wants to meet up early or do something yell out. and then after the tour ill be there for 4 day as well woooo not long to go now 23 days till i leave ****k yeah!!!!

• 13 Aug 2010 Cale said

Default_avatar

Im from Dulwich Hill in the Inner-West/Inner-City (its near Newtown and Marrickville). May i suggest a facebook group or something… ?

Also, i dont suppose anyone is planning on staying in the YHA (Youth Hostel) in London Central? Its like 16 minute walk from the Royal National and 20 pounds a day for a dorm…

• 13 Aug 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hi cale and aimee, more people! welcome Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    im so excited i arrive on the 3rd of September with my partner so more then happy to catch up with anyone earlier Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

we are thinking of staying at “the generator” hostel its in russel square too and its heaps cheaper then the royal national ( i had a friend who went to london last year and said it was his favorite place he stayed) although we are booked into the royal national the day before we leave on contiki and the night we get back! we got a week in london after the tour too!

29 is NOT old at all! and its going to make oktoberfest even better!!!!

i’m impressed you have already packed tegz i have been thinking about what to take and have a pile of things ready to go but havent looked at clothes yet…too many decisions to make!… what have you packed

so there is couple of us on face book who are already friends if you want ill start a group.

• 13 Aug 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hi all so i have started a facebook group… its my first attempt to start a group so i hoped it worked Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

it is titled
    contiki – european contrasts- september 9th 2010 !!!!!

isent invites to eva and tegz because i have you guys as facebook friends, everyone else please join any probs let me know

• 14 Aug 2010 Aim081 said

Aim081

Hi everyone, I just went on FB and joined the group Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am only arriving the morning before the tour and staying at the Royal National that night and the night we get back but I will need to find somewhere to stay for the extra 4 nights. Will have a look at the couple of places you guys mentioned Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Aug 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Well im all connected on the facebook page!!!! Nice work might I add Caitlan!!! :-)

Well, I packed mostly all new stuff, as I thought I would spoil myself for once!!! And so i went clothes shopping last week!!!!!

I have packed a pair of jeans, 2x long tights and 2x short tights, a jumper and a cadri, a few dresses, swimmers, a few shirts but i went a long the lines of stuff i can wear casually but if need to dress up depending on what we do!! And not to forget the essentials, of course!:-)

I have packed some shoes like sandles, slip on laceless runners, just flats really.
    But most the stuff I have packed are reasonbily in light in weight!!! and with the shoes i thought if i have too much luggage on the return if i need to i can just throw them out. And im packing like old an old towel so I can also throw that out if needed.

Oh not to forget I got some travel bags you know the ones that reduce the size of ur clothes… but these are ones that you roll out the air from… not vacuum!
    I found that they were really handy when I went to japan!!! And suprisingly i found that target had them in like travel kit packages!!!

Im sure i will re do my packing again to make it 100% the day or so before i fly out!!!!

Hmmm… and knowing my luck i will more than likely forget… Always happens!!!

Hopefully that helps Cailtan!!! :-)

Like i have mentioned before, Alex and i will land in LONDONTOWN on the 7th… at like the crack of dawn, staying at the Royal National, and we would be more than happy to go exploring and to just generally meet if anyone wanted!!!!

See you all soon!!!

Teagan :-)

• 15 Aug 2010 Explorer1202049 said

Default_avatar

3 weeks exactly to go for me cant wait!!!!!!!

• 16 Aug 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

AHHHHH!!! Yay this trip is creeping up on us soo fast!!!!!! i cant wait… this fly in 3 weeks i would be in the plane flying over!!! yay SOOOOOO PUMPED!!!
    My friend is about to return from his contiki!!!! I cant wait to hear all bout it!!!!

Cant wait to meet you all soon!!!!

TEagan :-)

• 17 Aug 2010 C8lan said

Default_avatar

hey hey

cheers teagan for the detailed list it was very helpful Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

im getting really really excited now its two weeks and one day till im on a plane to europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

see you all real real soon

• 21 Aug 2010 Explorer1199264 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyoneeee Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    soooo excited to meet everyone!!
    just wondering(girls),are any of you bringing a hair straightener,we need a connector right?
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Aug 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Wooooot i have 10 days left of work!!!!!
    This FEELING IS AWESOME!!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I was wondering the same thing.. i want to bring mine… but hmmm yea im sure we definately neeed the adaptor. Like i think i have one where we plug our straighter in to it and the part where you plug it to the wall is a euro adaptor!!!

So yes pack one!!!

I feeel im not making much sense!!!!! i must already be in holiday mode!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 22 Aug 2010 Explorer1199264 said

Default_avatar

hahahahaa!!
    no thats helps,thankkyouuu!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    TOOOO EXCITED! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Aug 2010 SHELL 9THSEP2010 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone

My name is Michelle from Sydney traveling solo
    17 sleeps to go….
    how much spending money is everyone taking?
    are you using travelex?

• 23 Aug 2010 Tegz101 said

Tegz101

Hello Shell!!!

Hmmm i taking as much as i have!! lol

Welcome to our tour!!!
    Where abouts in Sydney are you from? I’m from the Macarthur area!!

When do you fly into London??? :-)

Im using a travel pastport… which i think is or is like a trasvellex card!!!

Teagan!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion