Community_discussions_small  

Comment

DOCUMENTS

26 Nov 2007 hella said

Default_avatar
Ok, I am starting to prepare myself for my trip and i am wondering, regarding documents such as passport, travel insurance, flight info, credit cards....
i have made photo copys of these. a copy to take with me and keep in my suitcase, and a copy to leave at home with my parents (in case of emergency they can fax to where i am).

Is this all i need to do or is there any other ways recomended to have documents accessible if need be?

Thank you!
  • 26 Nov 2007 Nikki said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    im going on a trip in early january and thats all im planning to do with my important documents… all i’d do is make sure both the real documents and the copies are kept in really secure places within your belongings and keep them completely separate from each other

• 26 Nov 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
  • 26 Nov 2007 ukutie said

Default_avatar

Hey there all,

I have been thinking about the same thing. I am planning to photocopy all my important documents and give them to a trusted friend at home.

One thing I have been doing alot of thinking about, is the idea of taking the copies with me. What if, and only, what if, your suitcase/backpack is stolen. They then have all your personal details/information. I know the same could happen with your original copies, but if you have them on you in a sercure place ie waist wallet, I personally think, the less likely they would be stolen.

I prefer the idea of contacting the trusted person and having them fax it over to you.

Just my opinion.

Take Care and Happy Travels

Renee

• 27 Nov 2007 hella said

Default_avatar

thanks guys!
    i think i will just leave a copy with my parents.
    i dont want to risk my suitcase being broken into and photocopies getting stolen!!!

and knowing me (miss paranoid) my eyes will ALWAYS be on my belongings haha

• 27 Nov 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

As mentioned in ptooma’s BeforeYouGo…

Email yourself scanned copies of your documents, then you can access them quickly if you need to (rather than having family fax them to you).

I also intend to leave all my online banking details and a few other online passwords etc. with my parents, so if I need something done but can’t access a computer they can take care of it for me. Won’t be applicable for everyone, but I intend to transfer money electronically onto cash cards etc.

• 1 Dec 2007 Jess&Aleks said

Default_avatar

Yeah I plan on making my parents my own personal bank tellers while I’m away.. Emailing the documents to yourself is a great idea!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.