Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Camping

25 Feb 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar
Hey guys, I am thinking of doing the European camping trip (46 days) this summer. if anyone who has been on one of the camping trips could answer any of the following questions for me, i would really appreciate it. thanks a bunch!

1. are the campsites really far from the main cities?
2. what are the bathroom/shower facilities at the campsites like?
3. how easy is it to adapt to not having a bed?
4. ive gotten the impression that i need to watch all my stuff 24/7...how problematic is theft/whats the best way to avoid it?
5. was camping a big problem when it rained?
6. i saw there are outlets on the bus, but does each seat have its own or do you have to share a few plugs with the whole bus?
7. do you just throw your sleeping bag on the bus loose, separate from your suitcase, or do you have to buy one that somehow attaches?
8. what is the best form of money to rely on throughout the trip?
9. about how much money would you suggest i have on me in cash at the start of the tour?
10. is there anything else i should know or consider about the trip?

thanks again!

p.s. if anyone is looking into the 46 day camping tours that start in june, if we can get 4, 7, or 10 people to register together we can save some money. let me know.
  • 25 Feb 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

there are a lot of posts re:camping. Also look in the trip review and trip logs section as well as the meeting place.

• 25 Feb 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar

yeah ive read all the discussion boards about camping and asked the questions that i didnt think i found a sufficient answer to.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.