Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Visa Vs. British Passport.

19 Nov 2008 Laura Morris said

Laura Morris
If im doing a contiki tour and then staying in europe for a year would you suggest taking my british possport or visa?

Thanks
  • 19 Nov 2008 Explorer1084391 said

Default_avatar

British passport ofocurse… hassel fress to any EU countries, Ireland etc… My husbands doing that coz he has one too.

• 23 Nov 2008 Fiona090 said

Default_avatar

yea i had the same problem… im doin a tour in may 09 but ill also be doin some other solo travel.

the advice i got was to go on the british passport because its alot less hassel once your over there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Nov 2008 danger_dave said

Default_avatar

I’ve just got myself a British passport through my fathers line. It’s cheaper than a working visa, less trouble to apply for(as long as your eligible of course) and very flexible. You can live and work anywhere in the European Union without many restrictions.

• 23 Nov 2008 Fiona090 said

Default_avatar

yep so i’ve heard. i started fillin out the form this morning… i wanna get it in the post this week so its 1 less thing ive got 2 worry bout.

im gettin mine through my mothers line Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Nov 2008 Explorer1117892 said

Default_avatar

hi um im eligible for a british passport dad n grandfather born in england .. umm anyone have the link to the forms?? … and how long does it take to come through because ill be leaving for overseas trip end of march … thanks michelle

• 25 Nov 2008 danger_dave said

Default_avatar

You can get your documents and information from here http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

My British passport arrived a little over a week after I applied for it. I did however hand in my application in person at the Canberra British High Commission.

• 30 Nov 2008 Larn said

Default_avatar

british passport is the way to go if you can…………..i left oz dec 07 on aussie passport but arrived uk on english……….if you are working you are better off with the passport than visa…………i have been to holland and paris and just used british passport both times but still carried my aussie one just in case……..

• 3 Dec 2008 Laura Morris said

Laura Morris

in AUD
    how much did it cost to apply or i\s all the info on the website?

• 4 Dec 2008 Fiona090 said

Default_avatar

its all on the site… bout $300 all up though.

i posted my forms bout a week ago now. exciting stuff Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jan 2009 Laura Morris said

Laura Morris

You know how it says u need a visa for some places u go in contiki…
    will my UK passport over ride all that?

• 23 Jan 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

You would need to look and see what countries require a visa for a UK Passport.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion