Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Any recommendations on how to Pack for this trip

28 Aug 2010 MissRITraveler said

MissRITraveler
Does anyone have any good ideas on what to pack and bring on this trip if you are a female
  • 30 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

more conservative tops, capris, only 1 pair of shorts (there aren’t a lot of appropriate opportunities to wear them), a sweatshirt/jumper, sandals, sneakers.

• 31 Aug 2010 MissRITraveler said

MissRITraveler

Great’ thank you

• 14 Oct 2010 CanadianMich0770 said

CanadianMich0770

I actually found the opposite – I packed conservative, only packed 3 pairs of shorts, few tank tops, but found that you could almost always get away with shorts and tanks. The tour manager will tell you when you need to cover up, but if you have weather like we did (47 degrees) pants aren’t a feasible idea.
    If I were doing this again, I would pack more tank tops and shorts, since I found myself washing clothes while on the boat, and re-wearing them!

• 14 Oct 2010 Explorer1209693 said

Default_avatar

I would recommend to pack light by using a travelling backpack. Since you are bringing your luggage around often and the girls with big suit cases had difficulties. I brought alot of T shirts with long capris (to be conservative and respect thier culture) and tank tops when it was okay. I never wore shorts the entire tour because the men would be all over you. Bring some meds for diarrhea, nausea and vomitting and for sinus/allergies (pollution is terrible in Cairo many of us had cough and cold). I brought alot of Pashmina shawls and would use this to cover myself (in the market, by the pyramids and at the mosque). Over all it is an amazing trip and have fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion