Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Great Britain & Ireland advice for a noob please !

9 May 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants
Hey guys and girls ! Never been overseas before, I'm new at all this stuff !
Just wondering where the meetup is in London at the start of the tour ? And what time ? We fly in the day before so I'd like to book some accomodation for the night before nearby to where the meeting spot is to make it easy for us Smiler
Also, do we stay in hotels or back packer places ? Do they have washing machines there for us to use ?
I have family in Bristol, and I'm meeting them when I go there, does anyone know chich hotel we stay at in Bristol ?
I'll be forever thankful if someone can help me with this Smiler
Thanks Smiler

Kirsty x
  • 9 May 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I haven’t been on this tour but I know that tours starting in London meet at the Royal National Hotel.

• 9 May 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

Thank you so much ! You’re a gem Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 May 2010 Jetsettr Rhiannon said

Jetsettr Rhiannon

Hi MagpiePants

Bristol is a lovely city. From one point you can see the bridge over to Wales. I’m not sure about a good hotel for Bristol however I find Trip Advisor really helpful in determining a good hotel for different places. You just pop in the destination name and it will bring up hotels numbered in preference by other travellers. Just brilliant!

Hope this helps,

Jetsettr_Rhiannon
    www.jetsettr.com.au – your one-stop travel shop!
    http://www.jetsettr.com.au/blog/

• 10 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

In your tour documents there will be locations of all the hotels.

• 16 May 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

Thanks for that ! When do we receive the travel documents etc ? The trip is in 6 weeks and I haven’t got anything yet.

• 17 May 2010 lizzie said

lizzie

haha well when u receive docs is a tricky question… i leave in about 2 weeks and my travel agent still hasnt received them from contiki.. tho hopefully tomorrow they will be in!

• 17 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Documents usually will come between 3 and 6 weeks before your trip. I once had them come 5 and a half weeks before and another time exactly 3 weeks before.

• 18 May 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

Am I able to stay in the Royal National hotel after I get back from the tour ? I’m googling Royal National hotel but there seems to be about 8 in London :/

• 19 May 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

hey i am staying at the royal national before and after my trip in october try this link

http://www.imperialhotels.co.u…national1_hotel.aspx

i organised mine through flight centre seperate from contiki cos i wanted a single room before and after the tour i think mine is 142 a night

• 18 Jun 2010 Vanessa said

Default_avatar

i recently stayed at the imperial hotel. In terms of amenities its not that great to speak of but we really were just in the room at night to sleep so it didnt really matter all that much. another wonderful thing about the location of the hotel was its nearness to the tube.

that was a lifesaver really. we took the 3 days -2 nights in london tour so basically we explored london by ourselves. it was amazing!!!!

• 18 Jun 2010 MagpiePants said

MagpiePants

Thanks heaps for your help guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion