Community_discussions_small  

Question

Paris - Is going up the Eiffel Tower included?

30 Dec 2013 kels_0892 asked

kels_0892

Hey guys.. I just wanted to know if you go up the Eiffel Tower on contiki tours or if you only stop for a photo op & then have to pay & go up there yourself in your free time? Thanks :)

• 30 Dec 2013 DanBC_137 said

DanBC_137

It wasn’t included in the itinerary on my tour, but most of our group went with our tour leader on the first night and went up. It’s pretty cool at night because it’s lit up and you get to see all of Paris from the top. You’ll have to pay out of pocket to go up but it’s not expensive.

• 31 Dec 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

seams like some tours include it and others dont, im doing the easy rider next year and its not included, but i plan to do it anyway lonely planet guide says 17euro to go to the very top by lifts

• 31 Dec 2013 kels_0892 said

kels_0892

Thanks guys. I’m doing the European Experience & it says in the itinerary that you see the tower, Norte Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe etc etc but it doesn’t say you go up the tower so thought I’d ask. Dan, when you guys went up did you get to skip the line coz you were a tour group or still have to wait in line?

• 31 Dec 2013 DanBC_137 said

DanBC_137

We had to wait in line. It wasn’t too bad because we got there a bit before it closed for the night but it gets pretty long during the day.

• 31 Dec 2013 kels_0892 said

kels_0892

Awesome, thanks :) I’ve got a couple of days in Paris before the tour so i might go up there then

• 3 Jan 2014 Mercedesas said

Default_avatar

yes of course

• 13 Apr 2014 MichaelClark said

MichaelClark

I did European inspirations 2 yrs ago. They said some tours don’t include it. If it’s part of the tour apparently it’s not easy for contiki to get tickets for groups.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion