Power Adapter/Voltage Converter? HELP!

21 Jan 2008 SwtSarina asked

I'm so confused!<BR><BR>I'm going to Eastern Europe in May and I'm not sure. Do I need a power adapter or a voltage converter or BOTH?<BR><BR>The stuff I need to charge is my ipod, cell/pda (if i bring it), camera battery, and hair curler and/or blowdryer.<BR><BR>Any suggestions as to what brand to get? I'd appreciate it!
  • 31 Jan 2008 Anne said


    I bought a converter for all the countries at Fry’s (USA) for ~$19. Pretty good deal. Maybe they’ll have it at Best Buy/Circuit City.

  • 4 Feb 2008 Kristi said


    I was wondering if people bring PDAs on tour? Mine has WiFi (which I know I won’t be able to use that often but some of the hostels I am staying at have free connection) but I think it would be helpful for contact/flight/hotel/map/itinerary info/etc (doing some traveling on my own before/after tour). Any suggestions?

  • 4 Feb 2008 ptooma said



    Weigh the cost carrying your PDA and perhaps losing it versus how often you will actually have wifi access to use it. There are plenty of internet cafes. You should have a print out / photo copy of your itinerary and contacts and print out a few general maps of you pre and post tour locations. There will also be plenty of maps available at the hotel/hostel/airports, etc.

    - Vic



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.