Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Baggage

18 Apr 2010 Indochina_in_june said

Default_avatar
What are the baggage requirements to Asia? How strict are these requirements?
  • 23 Apr 2010 Jacqui said

Jacqui

You wont need much its very hot an muggy over there all you were are shorts and singlets, dresses etc. but be warrie when you go to a temple they ask for your arms and some times your legs to be covered. oh and leave room for all the shopping you do when your over there. I had a small suit case with wheels its easy to drag from room to bus to train to room… etc

Jacqui

• 30 Jun 2010 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

Do you mean the size of your bag? In the contiki brochure their are size limits, but everyone had larger cases and were fine. If you are doing the Sapa trek you will need a backpack that you can carry comfortably and fit basics for overnight in. A backpack is handy for some days anyway, such as the Nha Trang boat day. Take a smaller bag that goes over your shouler and to the front of you for taking when you go to the markets etc.

• 29 Jan 2011 Jo-Ann said

Default_avatar

so if im a few cms over in depth i should be fine??? coz i bought my suitcase for this trip and i dont wanna have to get a new one :(

• 5 Mar 2011 Iain Melville said

Iain Melville

Yo, Jo-Ann!! If your afew Cms over, dont stress, the bus driver wont mind. Trust me Iain :)

• 14 Mar 2011 Cherry said

Default_avatar

What’s easier to travel with a suit case on wheels or a travelors backpack?

• 14 Mar 2011 Iain Melville said

Iain Melville

Almost 95% of people had suit cases when I did Contiki Nz , except me haha! So I’ll be taking a little suit case to Asia! So I would say a suit case by far :) alot easier to pack and arrange your stuff, and plus, all you have to do you wheel it to and from the bus from your hotel which is not far. Id suggest a little day bag too! then your all set for a epic time Rhea : )

• 15 Mar 2011 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

a suitcase with wheels is much more handy, but asia is not quite like NZ they cant always park the bus at the hotel door and wheel it in because sometimes the ground in muddy, bumpy, dirty, etc, however due to asia being so cheap, if our luggage did need to be carried (almost a k at one place, due to heavy rain making the bridge unsafe to traffic) they paid the bus drivers or hotel staff to carry it for us to the hotel. not sure which asia tour you are doing but u need a day pack for a couple of over night trips on some tours, eg down to the mekong, a day pack rather than all luggage was taken

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.