Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern NY to LA Feb 20 to Mar 15 2009

12 Apr 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone was doing this Grand Southen tour, im worried that it might not go ahead if ther isn't enough people so i would love to hear from anyone going on this one. Im also doing the Big Apple Explorer Before this, im very excited.
  • 20 Aug 2008 JoaNne89 said

JoaNne89

guys I made a facebook page for us gs’ers so we can all keep in touch

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?info&gid=375864….php?gid=37586428000

• 20 Aug 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986

Hey everyone, i’ve just booked this tour today and can’t wait, going by myself so should be exciting. i’m Melissa, 21 years old from Sydney – Aust. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Aug 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Heya welcome to the tour, im Katharine and im 22 from Newcastle, im so excited there are more people coming. You can find me on MSN, facebook or myspace. My email is special_kas_@hotmail.com. Now we have 2 Melissa’s lol im traveling with lissybug or Melissa as i call her and another friend Sally. Are you staying on before and after the tour what are ur plans.

• 22 Aug 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986
    quote:
    Hey, yeah i’m trying to figure out how many days to stay before the tour in ny and days after in la. and organising what i should do b4 and after for day tours etc. but i’m thinking of staying 2/3 days before and about 5 days after. I found this great start called viator.com which has a whole load of day tours to choose from. what are your plans… i’m so excited.. it was like a last minute thing to book this tour but i’ve been wanting to go on a contiki tour for a few years now and just kept putting it off. My email is mfaust1986@hotmail.com
  • 25 Aug 2008 Explorer04012 said

Explorer04012

Hi guys. One of my mates wanted to book this tour this morning. He could not because the tour is fully booked and has closed.
    So guess wat. This tour is going ahead.

• 25 Aug 2008 JoaNne89 said

JoaNne89
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer04012:
    Hi guys. One of my mates wanted to book this tour this morning. He could not because the tour is fully booked and has closed.
    So guess wat. This tour is going ahead.

awesome! now.. to get them to join our facebook group lol.

• 25 Aug 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986

hey… where abouts is everyone staying after the tour…i’m just looking at prices for accomodation

• 26 Aug 2008 Explorer04012 said

Explorer04012

hi Melissa im going to stay for one night pre accommodation at the Marrakech Hotel (AU$210). Then 3 nights at the Best Western Stovalls Inn (AU$195)in Anaheim. Getting a 2 day Disneyland Park Hopper Pass (AU$175) for the days after the trip. Then im going to stay two nights at the Holiday Inn Los Angeles airport(AU$200).

• 31 Aug 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986

hey… for your 3 nights in anahiem, did you book your accomodation direct with contiki or just off the net?? $195.00 that is per night right?

• 1 Sep 2008 Explorer04012 said

Explorer04012

Yea i booked the 3 nights in anahiem direct with contiki and the one night in NY on the net. No the 3 nights is $195. Something like $65 per night. It is $50 cheaper when you book a Maarakech room for one the night on the net than it is through contiki.

• 3 Sep 2008 lissybug said

Default_avatar

We’re booked in at the Holiday Inn Hollywood which cost us $231 per person for 3 days.

• 5 Sep 2008 JoaNne89 said

JoaNne89
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer04012:
    Yea i booked the 3 nights in anahiem direct with contiki and the one night in NY on the net. No the 3 nights is $195. Something like $65 per night. It is $50 cheaper when you book a Maarakech room for one the night on the net than it is through contiki.

But what about the twin share part about it? Coz the marakech hotel room’s 210/night but that’s the price for twin share.. and I’m traveling on my own so how is that going to work out if I booked it online?

• 6 Sep 2008 Explorer04012 said

Explorer04012

I really dont know that one. The Marrakech is $210 through contiki but when you book it on the net its chaeper. The reason i book the thing on line is that the people from the travel shop sayed that contiki only has a couple of allocated rooms to them. They also sayed something that there will always be someone with you in the room and if not more room for you.

• 7 Sep 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986

I booked the Marrakech hotel on the net too as I’m staying 3 nights before the tour and works out to be around $150.00 a night. Still waiting to hear back from Contiki about accommodation after the tour at the Best Western as it may be already be full I’ve been told.I so want time to fly… whats everyone planning on doing in ny before the tour??

• 7 Sep 2008 Explorer04012 said

Explorer04012

Yea sounds about right to me. Im doing the Big apple explorer before the Grand southern tour. Should be fun

• 16 Sep 2008 Melissa4986 said

Melissa4986

has anyone come across any good websites for optional tours in new york and la….

• 20 Sep 2008 Tara said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Im booked on this tour as well! My names Tara, Im 21 and I live in Canberra. Im very excited but i think the 5 month wait is going to kill me. :-)Ill be spending an extra day in New York as well and a few extra days after in LA.

• 16 Oct 2008 Explorer1114750 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone I’m Christine i’m booked on this tour as well!! i’m 25 and from just outside London England! I’m travelling with my friend Michelle who is from Dublin Ireland! We are spending 4 nights in New York before and 7 nights in LA and San Diego then on to Hawaii and Sydney!! I’m soooo excited!! If anyones on facebook add me my email is lmncc1@aol.com!! see you all in 122 days!!

• 26 Jan 2009 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I’m Danielle and ive just come across this forum, and i’m so excited! i’m doing the GS NY to LA, only 3 weeks to go! i’m from County Durham, England and i’m travelling alone, so i would love to get to know you guys before the tour begins! i’m staying in NY a couple of days before the our begins, at a hostel called Jazz on the Park or something! Whats everyone else doing?! i was just gonna wander round NY, see some sights etc! havent got anything planned whatsoever!! eek xxx

• 3 Feb 2009 crazyzulu said

Default_avatar

hey guys,

just wanted to check… do you pass through new orleans on the 3rd March? cos we start our southern adventure tour on the 3rd departing NO, which i presume is the 2nd half of the grand southern…

anyways, if so, looking forward to meeting you all.

Chris, 25, from South Africa

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion