Community_discussions_small  

Question

How does Contiki work?

19 Sep 2009 PandaCakes asked

PandaCakes
I want to do an European tour..if I purchase one of these tours from Contiki, then I buy my own airplane ticket and fly to London and meet with Contiki tour guide? Will they provide instructions on where to meet and go? That process makes me nervous, any help would be appreciated!
  • 20 Sep 2009 Carly said

Carly

I did a contiki tour this last June and did the same thing. I booked the tour and flight seperatly and this is the low down for when you get to London.

When you recieve your travel documents from Contiki you will get a ticket for the tube (the metro in London) The tube is the best way to get you from Hethro to the Contiki hotels. When in Hethro, it is marked where the tube is, so you collect your luggage and head to the tube. (you will not have a contiki rep meet you at the airport or at the station. You are on your own until you go to the contiki basement) Once you are at the station you want to go to Russell Square. Once you get off the tube at the Russell Square stop, you will be a short walk away from either the Royal National hotel or the Imperial hotel. Both Hotel’s Contiki uses for their people going on their tours. The Royal National is where the Contiki Basement is. (the Contiki basement is the headquarters for Contiki in London)

I was also nervous being in a big new city like London for the first time too, but I recommend doing a little research before you go. It helps with the nerves when you have a bit of an idea of what your getting into!

I hope that helps!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.