Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki prices going up in March due to Aus $ devaluation

25 Feb 2009 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar
Hi guys

We just had an email form our travel agent saying that all existing contiki bookings will be increasing in price by the 13th march (although they are not sure by how much yet).

Has anyone else heard this? We have nearly paid everything off and im a bit annoyed that we may have to pay more on top of this as it was never mentioned in our quote or by contiki.

If anyone has heard anything similar it would be great if you could let us know!
  • 25 Feb 2009 Chris S said

Chris S

I thought prices were guaranteed once you payed your deposit, so you should be fine

• 26 Feb 2009 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

apparently not even if you have already booked- the cost of tours may be going up somewhere around the 10% mark and if it is over that figure you have the option of cancelling within 7 days.

Its put a huge dampener on our whole tour as if its 10% were paying an extra $700 each which we hadn’t budgeted for. not very impressed with contiki right now!

• 26 Feb 2009 Ness said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dobry Den:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rhiannon:
    apparently not even if you have already booked- the cost of tours may be going up somewhere around the 10% mark and if it is over that figure you have the option of cancelling within 7 days.

Its put a huge dampener on our whole tour as if its 10% were paying an extra $700 each which we hadn’t budgeted for. not very impressed with contiki right now!

It is contract fineprint located at the back of the booklet which the company uses. Quite sneaky.

it does however say

“No surcharge in respect of cost or currency fluctuations will be made once payment of the deposit for your land tour has been received.This guarantee excudes fuel surcharges and does not apply to any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any governmebt or their agencies”

so they cant increase it due to the dollar, according to their own terms and conditions, if you’ve paid a deposit

• 26 Feb 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Contact Contiki directly before paying the extra money to your travel agent to confirm. The last thing you want is to get screwed over by your travel agent for something that might not be true

• 26 Feb 2009 keentravelor said

Default_avatar

I have spoken to my travel agent and she is sure that because I have already paid for my trip they are unable to charge us any more! I hope she is correct…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion