Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Feminine Grooming - Girlz only

31 Mar 2007 *CAT* said

Default_avatar
Im a brazillian girl and i dont mean from the country! I was just wondering and im sure there are others; Are there any beauty and waxing palors found on tour and are they clean and hygenic. Also does anyone know of any in London that are nice and well priced?
Cat Wink
  • 31 Mar 2007 jojo7510 said

Default_avatar

great question cat..

i was thinking the same thing.

• 31 Mar 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

You will be able to find some on tour – ask your TM to point them out to you or check the yellow pages when you arrive. Most of them are clean and just like you would find at home so you shouldn’t have a problem there.

London is a little tougher and a lot pricey! If you can handle waiting or using the dreaded ‘razor’ while you’re there it might be a goer.

• 31 Mar 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar

London is a nightmare for waxing, manicures, pedicures, etc. Far too pricey. Try to go without having to do so in London if possible.

• 1 Apr 2007 De'ann said

Default_avatar

hahah im glad som one started this topic! apparently italy has resonably priced beauty saloons! i plann on going there & NOT LONDON!!!!

• 1 Apr 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

i’ve been thinking about similar stuff too!

I’m pretty big with the fake tanning through summer. So i’ll be applying before i leave sydney, and will be hoping to do the weekly exfoliate and re-application (at the moment i use ‘garnier bronze’ – 3 applications about 1 hour appart. I find sleeping it more comfortable that spending the day in it, esp. if hot weather.

<i trialed st. tropez recently, but the way it dries (like instant tan) it prob needs to be applied on separate days>

I’m also defnitely taking my emjoy gently (like an epilady i think – pluck hairs out) for armpits and bikini. shave legs cos of itchy ingrown hairs (… which you dont want to exfoliate over if fake tanned!).

So hoping the room is suitable to this stuff in!

yeah the eyelash tint is booked for just before also (though still wear mascara), and the hair foils booked too.

This girl stuff is so annoying but couldn’t not do it!

• 2 Apr 2007 *CAT* said

Default_avatar

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> haha you guys are great! Thankx, keep em coming Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 2 Apr 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

i don’t have much to do before i leave – just getting my legs waxed the night before, and the roots in my hair touched up. I have a voucher for a manicure, so i suppose i’ll get that done the day i leave, just for the hell of it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Apr 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

haha us girls hey…so many things to organise.

how are those emjoy things – do the hairs have to be quite long for it to be able to work?? how does it actually work?

• 3 Apr 2007 OzzieChic said

Default_avatar

Yeah, Haha!
    What about Nails? I have french refills every 4 weeks and not sure wether to take them off altogether or find somewhere to have them done what do you think?

• 4 Apr 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

the emjoy is great!
    nah you can use it on any length hair. Though too long is not good it would hurt a bit.
    But yeah you can use it on the shortest hair.

They take a little while to get used to, but once used to it it’s great.

Bikini hurts at first, but after a few times it doesn’t hurt at all.

It took me more than a year to have a propper go at the armpits, hurt like hell at first. Bled. But now it doesn’t hurt a bit.

You pull the skin tight while doing it on any part of the body (except legs wouldn’t need to i guess).

Definitely worth going through the initial pain.

• 4 Apr 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

If you are an Aussie girl and lucky enough to have a stopoever in Singapore check out this link click here it is a pricelist for a spa INSIDE the transit terminal at Changi Airport. Prices are so cheap! An express manicure (for short stopovers is only $16SGD (about $13 AUD) you can also get cheap massages, facials etc. depending on your time there. In addition they have shower and ‘sleeping pod’ faciliites too. And something called ‘Ear Candling’ that I don’t think i’d be game to try…

Anyway, I think its a great way to relax after a 7-8 hour flight from Australia, and if your stopover is long enough, a great time to beautify yourself for your Contiki tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 5 Apr 2007 Sully1986 said

Default_avatar

I don’t think I have ever felt so un-girly, lol. I am 20 and have just discovered plucking my eyebrows.

• 6 Apr 2007 Caity87 said

Default_avatar

Thank god this topic was started!!! I was beginning to get really worried about what to do hair-wise whilst on tour. A friend said that when she was in London the only place she could find to get her brazilian done was Harrods and they charged her 70pound!!
    I’m now going to get really picky and ask if anyone knows where uses hot wax? you know the stuff that they don’t use the strips with. I can’t stand using the strips. I might have to invest in one of those Emjoy things, can you do your whole downstairs with that?

• 6 Apr 2007 Gretz said

Default_avatar

Wicked, hey thanks for the website ashleightara – just had a quick squizz and it sounds fabulous!!! … I’ll be stopping over in Singapore to and from London so might just make a pit-stop in that place:-)

• 6 Apr 2007 fidgit66 said

Default_avatar

I would be cautious if I were you! When your in another country you don’t know if these places a reputable. They might not have the same laws as in the US when things need to be steralized! I would bring a razor or a bottle of nair. Good Luck on your trip!!!!

• 7 Apr 2007 *CAT* said

Default_avatar

Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> 7O pounds!!!!! OMG, none of us will be getting any then ha? Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Mite have to practise that DIY and just buy some wax. Either that or check out our tour mates and see if any have a back ground in beauty therapy! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I cant imagine being all bushy and hairy again Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 7 Apr 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

hey girls, just learn to do it yourself, first time is a bit hard working out how to do(iv had a bit of beauty experience so had a bit of benifit) but after you done it once or twice you get the hang of it, everytime before i go on o holiday i do some self grooming the day or two before and its all good, if your going for longer like i am you can always take a little tub/or wax strips(some hotels/hostels shuld have a microwave to heat) and its cheap as to do it this way it costs me $20 aus for a tub of wax and i get two to three grooming sessions out of it, heaps more though if you just doing bikini area and not full brazillian. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Apr 2007 Caity87 said

Default_avatar

hahha Erin, we’d be there for hours if we had to rely on tweezers. lol.
    I might speak to my beautician next time I go to ask what she thinks, I’m still pretty scared about diy’ing though, I got emailed a story a couple of years ago, it was just a joke but i have never laughed so hard in my life, it’s the type of thing that would happen to me. i’ll see if I can find it and then i’ll post it on here. you will wet yourself laughing

• 8 Apr 2007 Caity87 said

Default_avatar

i found a link to it, i’m not going to post it but head to the link and be prepared for a good laugh.
    http://www.templeofjennifer.com/blog/index.php?id=1979

• 8 Apr 2007 Ashley-L said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Caity87:
    i found a link to it, i’m not going to post it but head to the link and be prepared for a good laugh.
    http://www.templeofjennifer.com/blog/index.php?id=1979

good lord! Truthfully, it really is just easier to leave it to the professionals

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.